I often get asked about my favorite tools and equipment I use in the kitchen. In this blog I will share with you my favorite brands, particular models and overall tips for making your cooking experience as pleasant and as fast as possible any time of the day.
HAMILTON BEACH TEA KETTLE
The first thing I do when I wake up is I drink 16-24 ounces of plain hot water. Plain hot water, without lemon, honey or anything else in it, can help stimulate your lymphatic system without activating digestion. When lymph is stimulated, your body can get rid of waste before it starts processing new food.
To heat up my water, I turn on my stainless steel Hamilton Beach kettle and have hot water ready in minutes. I recommend only buying stainless steel kettles and avoiding anything with plastic, as heat can activate chemicals to leak into your water. I also prefer to avoid microwave ovens as microwaves are a form of electro-magnetic radiation.
OMEGA 8006 JUICER/NUTRITIONAL CENTER
After I have my hot water, I usually enjoy a green juice made with kale, cucumber, celery, lemon, ginger and green apple. I love juices for their instant energy boost – they are better than coffee! Green juices are also a great complement to a hot, cooked meal as raw juice can provide my daily vitamins and enzymes.
Believe it or not, it only takes about 2 minutes to make my juice, thanks to the Omega 8006. But don’t be fooled, this machine is much more than a juicer. It is a whole nutrition center that can help you create fabulous nut butters (think almonds and chocolate chips together!), fruit sorbet and even your own pasta. Best of all, it is quick and easy to assemble and to take apart, so the whole process takes minutes. Omega also offers a great warrantee, so you can enjoy your purchase for years to come.
If I don't feel like having a juice in the morning, I will make a smoothie in my Vitamix blender. Unlike a juicer that extracts the pulp from fruits and vegetables and gives you instant energy, Vitamix blends everything together. The good thing about blended foods is that they have fiber, which takes longer to digest than juice. So if you are looking for a great meal-replacement smoothie that will satisfy hunger and give you long-lasting energy, Vitamix is the machine to use.
You can also make nut-based cheeses, pates and ice creams in the Vitamix. I know many people may be hesitant by the price, but it is so worth it! It is like the Rolls Royce of blenders and its quality will last you a lifetime.
ABUNDANT CHEF KNIVES AND CUTTING BOARDS
When it comes to lunch, I like to make simple dishes and usually use knives to cut my produce. But you have to be careful with knives. Did you know that the most dangerous weapon in your kitchen is a dull knife? It’s simply because you have to put a lot of force when using it and can cut yourself deeper than using a sharp knife. To help me eliminate this danger, I use my Abundant Chef zirconium ceramic knives (which are second only to diamonds!) and bamboo cutting boards. If diamonds are a girl’s best friend, then these knives come in a close second.
When you use their knife to cut an apple, it feels like you are cutting through butter – so smooth and effortless. I also love the name and believe that seeing the word “abundant” when you cook, creates positive emotions and affects the energy you put in your food. And if you are what you eat, wouldn’t it be great to be abundant? I say: “yes, please!”
KITCHENAID FOOD PROCESSOR
And finally, to make a quick dinner, I usually use my KitchenAid Food Processor as it can help me chop, slice and shred large quantities of ingredients very quickly. If you have seen my videos, you probably noticed that I use it a lot. KitchenAid makes slicing onions a breeze and it takes seconds. Check out this video where I use my food processor to make chicken-less chicken salad!
Besides chopping and slicing, I use my food processor to mix ingredients. While there are other brands on the market, I find that KitchenAid has the most intuitive design and fun colors. Why not have a fabulous Empire Red one? It will brighten up the space and make you feel like an empress of the kitchen!
Why ask me?
- After many challenges and different crazy life experiences I am living my dream life and since my friends say I am pretty wisdomous and I think I am a little bit funny too, I want to share my life approach with you so you can live the life you love as well.
Here is a little bit about me:
- I am a creator of #1 Best Diet as selected by Harpers Baazar Magazine
- I started my career in the corporate world and didn't even know how to peel a shallot
- I have been a chef for celebrities for over 10 years
- I have a realistic approach to food and life
- I have a great relationship with food and can even let chocolate go bad because I simply forget I have it at home (something I wasn't able to do 10 years ago)
- I eat carbs whenever I feel like it without any guilt
- I used to hate to cook and now absolutely love being a private chef and a food relationship coach
- I wear whatever clothes I desire no matter what everyone is wearing or thinking
- I am in good shape and my body’s biological age is 13 years younger than the one in my passport
- I have experience being super poor, super wealthy and in between
- I’ve worked in corporate world and am now an entrepreneur
- I was married and divorced
- I used to cry going to work because I was so miserable with my boss
- I’ve had an emotional eating disorder
- I moved from Russia to USA alone at the age of 15
- I’ve lived in Russia, Europe and on both coasts of USA
- I have been super skinny and overweight
- I have been insecure and unhappy with reasons and secure and happy for no reason
- I used to wear glasses and healed my eyes with the power of thought and exercises
- I created "Couture Nutrition®" so you can have tailor-made solutions for your body and soul
- My brain usually comes up with jokes to soften stressful situations
- I think color coordination, sparkles and rainbows are underused