I just spoke with a friend that asked me about ways to boost his energy. I thought that other people may have similar concerts, so I decided to share my advice in this blog.
If you are feeling lethargic and as a result experience sugar and caffeine cravings, then this blog is for you.
My number ONE favorite way to boost energy and fight fatigue is algae supplements. There are three types of algaes that I like – Spirulina, Chlorella and Blue-Green Algae. The main difference is in taste and personally I am team Chlorella as it has the mildest taste.
Algae is known as the oldest type of food on our planet and it contains large amounts of nutrients including:
Algae is great for:
• Building and purifying blood
• Helps boost the immune system and help promote healthy eyesight, hair and skin.
• Powerful energy booster due to its incredibly high nutrient concentration.
• Anti-aging effects on skin, hair and organs
• Stimulates stem cell release and movement, helping to regenerate damaged body tissue.
• Very absorbable to the body. Around 97% of the vitamins, minerals and enzymes found in blue-green algae are easily absorbed into the system. Most vitamin supplements are only 5-25% absorbable.
• Powerful detox effects allow us to rest easier, as they body does not have to work so hard to cleanse while we sleep.
• Weight reduction. Helps to balance food cravings.
The only DON’T with the algae, is – DON’T overdo it. Too much of a good thing can be too much and we urge you experiment with it in moderation. Start with a ½ a teaspoon (or 2 tablets) of one kind and see how you feel. You can either take it alone, blend with a smoothie or mix with coconut water.
If you have any medical issues, please check with your doctor before starting a new food/supplement as it can alter existing conditions. Algae can be a very powerful detoxifier, so please listen to your body and reduce the dose if you feel you detox symptoms are too strong.
Here is a simple green smoothie recipe to get you started. You can make a batch of 2-3 portions and drink it during the day as meal replacements or as snacks. My favorite way is to have a smoothie in the morning to start the day strong.
GREEN SMOOTHIE RECIPE
1 Frozen Ripe Banana
1 Cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
1 Cup Frozen Strawberries
½ Teaspoon Chlorella
½ Cup Fresh Spinach
½ Cup Water
Blend to a creamy consistency and enjoy!
Why ask me?
- After many challenges and different crazy life experiences I am living my dream life and since my friends say I am pretty wisdomous and I think I am a little bit funny too, I want to share my life approach with you so you can live the life you love as well.
Here is a little bit about me:
- I am a creator of #1 Best Diet as selected by Harpers Baazar Magazine
- I started my career in the corporate world and didn't even know how to peel a shallot
- I have been a chef for celebrities for over 10 years
- I have a realistic approach to food and life
- I have a great relationship with food and can even let chocolate go bad because I simply forget I have it at home (something I wasn't able to do 10 years ago)
- I eat carbs whenever I feel like it without any guilt
- I used to hate to cook and now absolutely love being a private chef and a food relationship coach
- I wear whatever clothes I desire no matter what everyone is wearing or thinking
- I am in good shape and my body’s biological age is 13 years younger than the one in my passport
- I have experience being super poor, super wealthy and in between
- I’ve worked in corporate world and am now an entrepreneur
- I was married and divorced
- I used to cry going to work because I was so miserable with my boss
- I’ve had an emotional eating disorder
- I moved from Russia to USA alone at the age of 15
- I’ve lived in Russia, Europe and on both coasts of USA
- I have been super skinny and overweight
- I have been insecure and unhappy with reasons and secure and happy for no reason
- I used to wear glasses and healed my eyes with the power of thought and exercises
- I created "Couture Nutrition®" so you can have tailor-made solutions for your body and soul
- My brain usually comes up with jokes to soften stressful situations
- I think color coordination, sparkles and rainbows are underused