After having challenges with my Iphone 3, I finally decided it was time to upgrade to a new sassier version. With a credit card in hand, I waltzed in to the Apple Store and readily paid my $200 for a new gadget. Happy as I could be, I came home to start playing with the new toy. However, my excitement was quickly replaced with annoyance as I found out that I need to get a new $129 operating system for my Mac, in order to sync the phone. Sitting at my computer, I was procrastinating the trip back to the store for a few hours.
This got me thinking about other decisions we make in life. If we really want something, then the task of doing it seems effortless and pleasant. We are happy doing what we WANT. But when it comes to doing something that we NEED, we often times don't enjoy it.
I truly believes that the same can apply to eating healthy. If you can have all of your favorite foods, there is no reason to push yourself to eat them. But if you are presented with a choice of foods you don't like, no matter how nutritious they are for your body, then you won't enjoy the process. So, what's a girl to do?
I think there are two options. First, ask yourself - "What can I do about this situation?" And there is often something that can be done with an alternative option. For example, is there a better tasting alternative to drinking wheat grass shots and getting this same nutrition? In this situation, you could add some yummy blended mango to the shot and it will cover the taste of the greens.
Option #2. What if there is nothing you can actually do? What if you just have to bite the bullet and do it? How can you still get excited about it? Well, in that situation, I must say you have to change your focus and your attitude. And it is actually easier than you may think. When you have a task at hand and you don't want to do it, focus of the result. Get yourself really pumped about the OUTCOME of whatever it is that needs to be done. For example, if you are dreading exercise and there is no activity that makes you happy, then keep your mind of the result you want to get. See your body strong and lean. It is remarkable how fast time will pass and how easy working out will be.
And I am sure you have done something like that before. Remember when you were little and wanted a bike, but you needed to save your weekly allowance for it? Saving your money wasn't such a horrible thing to complain about. You probably got excited every time you saved a few pennies because it brought you closer to the end result. Well, think of your perfect body and perfect weight the same way. Every time you have an opportunity to decline a piece of cake, savor the fact that you are one step closer to your goal!
Our minds work in very intricate ways that science still can't quiet explain. But one thing for sure, we can have more control over our thoughts than we give ourselves credit to. So, focus on the fun and fabulous results you want and the rest will fall into place!
With love and gratitude,
Why ask me?
- After many challenges and different crazy life experiences I am living my dream life and since my friends say I am pretty wisdomous and I think I am a little bit funny too, I want to share my life approach with you so you can live the life you love as well.
Here is a little bit about me:
- I am a creator of #1 Best Diet as selected by Harpers Baazar Magazine
- I started my career in the corporate world and didn't even know how to peel a shallot
- I have been a chef for celebrities for over 10 years
- I have a realistic approach to food and life
- I have a great relationship with food and can even let chocolate go bad because I simply forget I have it at home (something I wasn't able to do 10 years ago)
- I eat carbs whenever I feel like it without any guilt
- I used to hate to cook and now absolutely love being a private chef and a food relationship coach
- I wear whatever clothes I desire no matter what everyone is wearing or thinking
- I am in good shape and my body’s biological age is 13 years younger than the one in my passport
- I have experience being super poor, super wealthy and in between
- I’ve worked in corporate world and am now an entrepreneur
- I was married and divorced
- I used to cry going to work because I was so miserable with my boss
- I’ve had an emotional eating disorder
- I moved from Russia to USA alone at the age of 15
- I’ve lived in Russia, Europe and on both coasts of USA
- I have been super skinny and overweight
- I have been insecure and unhappy with reasons and secure and happy for no reason
- I used to wear glasses and healed my eyes with the power of thought and exercises
- I created "Couture Nutrition®" so you can have tailor-made solutions for your body and soul
- My brain usually comes up with jokes to soften stressful situations
- I think color coordination, sparkles and rainbows are underused