Q: Every night I promise myself that I'm going to exercise in the morning - but when I wake up all I want to do is drink a cup of coffee and do a crossword puzzle. By the time the workday starts, I don't have anymore time for exercise. How can I break my bad habits?
A: I know how you feel - you want to get in those early morning pleasures in and working out is not often on that list for most people. My personal take on food and exercise is to combine practical things with pleasure and make what's practical more enjoyable. I find it's a more realistic approach than torturing yourself during already stressful times. Most people already find it hard to get out of bed, let alone exercise!
With that, I want to introduce you to this awesome trick by Chris Lee, the only fitness trainer I know who hates to sweat and keeps his workout sessions to a realistic minimum. Check out this 30 second reel he did on Instagram for his awesome trick!
You will see that Chris is doing his exercises while scrolling on social media, but you can do the same while doing the crossword puzzle. Personally, I also love wearing my wrist weights and ankle weights just walking around the house and lifting my arms doing chores - you burn calories while doing stuff you would do anyway! And since you love coffee and crossword puzzles, enjoy that while doing the leg exercises while sitting down. If you get your coffee from Starbucks, you can wear the weights while you walk to the store. Bam, problem solved!
Let me know how you like these ideas!
Why ask me?
- After many challenges and different crazy life experiences I am living my dream life and since my friends say I am pretty wisdomous and I think I am a little bit funny too, I want to share my life approach with you so you can live the life you love as well.
Here is a little bit about me:
- I am a creator of #1 Best Diet as selected by Harpers Baazar Magazine
- I started my career in the corporate world and didn't even know how to peel a shallot
- I have been a chef for celebrities for over 10 years
- I have a realistic approach to food and life
- I have a great relationship with food and can even let chocolate go bad because I simply forget I have it at home (something I wasn't able to do 10 years ago)
- I eat carbs whenever I feel like it without any guilt
- I used to hate to cook and now absolutely love being a private chef and a food relationship coach
- I wear whatever clothes I desire no matter what everyone is wearing or thinking
- I am in good shape and my body’s biological age is 13 years younger than the one in my passport
- I have experience being super poor, super wealthy and in between
- I’ve worked in corporate world and am now an entrepreneur
- I was married and divorced
- I used to cry going to work because I was so miserable with my boss
- I’ve had an emotional eating disorder
- I moved from Russia to USA alone at the age of 15
- I’ve lived in Russia, Europe and on both coasts of USA
- I have been super skinny and overweight
- I have been insecure and unhappy with reasons and secure and happy for no reason
- I used to wear glasses and healed my eyes with the power of thought and exercises
- I created "Couture Nutrition®" so you can have tailor-made solutions for your body and soul
- My brain usually comes up with jokes to soften stressful situations
- I think color coordination, sparkles and rainbows are underused