It is Valentine's Day, so lets talk about LOVE and DIET. I believe that everything you do in life should be because you love it, not because you are afraid of something, especially when it comes to weight loss. So, with that in mind, I have 5 tips that can help you reach your health goal while LOVING every minute of it.
First, make a commitment to weight loss because you love your body, not because you dislike it. A common mistake many people make is wanting to lose weight because they are afraid their current bodies are not good enough, and so they want to change them. The problem with that mentality is that it is fear-based and action that results from this type of thinking will make you miserable and set you up for failure. Instead, look at your body with appreciation and love. Once your thinking is love-based, your new diet will only bring pleasure and health into your life.
Second, make a list of foods that you love and that love you back. Do you remember that feeling of finding the perfect wedding dress, when you knew it was the one? You loved the way it felt and how it made you look. A diet should make you feel the same. The best way to make sure you are getting all of your nutrition is selecting the best quality, un-processed foods for each part of your meal. Remember, you are going on a diet because you love your body, so don't sabotage yourself. Eat only until you are satisfied (not full) and don't feed your body anything that doesn't nurture it.
Third, deconstruct your cravings. Cravings are usually your body's signal for nutritional needs. For example, your daily chocolate and sugar cravings may simply mean that your body needs fast-burning energy. In order to avoid these cravings, increase your intake of greens, fruits and vegetables. They are full of nutrition and low in calories, so your body will feel nurtured, satisfied and full of energy.
Fourth, find a fitness program that you actually enjoy. It is a scientific fact that exercise can burn calories and give you endorphins, but if you are hating every minute of it, you are more likely to over-eat afterward. In order for the physical activity to work, it needs to be felt as a "reward" in itself, not a punishment that you want to avoid.
Lastly, don't forget to breathe. Mediation is one of the most effective ways to release the extra weight, but it is often overlooked. By taking at least 5 minutes every morning and evening to slow down your breathing and calm your system, you will dramatically change the way your body operates. Slow, deep breaths will send a signal to your brain to stop the production of cortisol, a powerful fat-storing hormone, and instruct your body to release the pounds your it doesn't need.
Why ask me?
- After many challenges and different crazy life experiences I am living my dream life and since my friends say I am pretty wisdomous and I think I am a little bit funny too, I want to share my life approach with you so you can live the life you love as well.
Here is a little bit about me:
- I am a creator of #1 Best Diet as selected by Harpers Baazar Magazine
- I started my career in the corporate world and didn't even know how to peel a shallot
- I have been a chef for celebrities for over 10 years
- I have a realistic approach to food and life
- I have a great relationship with food and can even let chocolate go bad because I simply forget I have it at home (something I wasn't able to do 10 years ago)
- I eat carbs whenever I feel like it without any guilt
- I used to hate to cook and now absolutely love being a private chef and a food relationship coach
- I wear whatever clothes I desire no matter what everyone is wearing or thinking
- I am in good shape and my body’s biological age is 13 years younger than the one in my passport
- I have experience being super poor, super wealthy and in between
- I’ve worked in corporate world and am now an entrepreneur
- I was married and divorced
- I used to cry going to work because I was so miserable with my boss
- I’ve had an emotional eating disorder
- I moved from Russia to USA alone at the age of 15
- I’ve lived in Russia, Europe and on both coasts of USA
- I have been super skinny and overweight
- I have been insecure and unhappy with reasons and secure and happy for no reason
- I used to wear glasses and healed my eyes with the power of thought and exercises
- I created "Couture Nutrition®" so you can have tailor-made solutions for your body and soul
- My brain usually comes up with jokes to soften stressful situations
- I think color coordination, sparkles and rainbows are underused