During a recent conversation with a client, she shared that she is constantly having strong hunger and she can't stop eating. She felt like she was a servant to her cravings and they were taking control over her life. Diets didn't work for her and she felt deprived and powerless. She knew she shouldn't be eating processed sugars, drink soda or eat fried foods, and yet she continued doing that. I know that many people have similar issues - they want to release extra weight and get in better shape, but they have challenges in control their food impulses. If this is your challenge, I invite you to explore another approach to gaining control and releasing weight.
A few days ago a friend of mine was staying at my house when he pointed out that my dog, Snoop, was out of control when it came to barking at the door when he heard any noise from the outside. Every time Snoop would hear anyone in the lobby, he would run and start his new rant. During his stay, my friend took time to train Snoop by a combination of distracting Snoop's attention, calming him down or just simply commanding him to stop with reasonable force.
When I started to feel bad for Snoop when he had to obey, my friend explained that it is better for Snoop than letting him do what he wants. By taking control, I allow Snoop to feel that he is safe and that I am in control. Also, it keeps him out of potential danger from strangers who may get annoyed with his loud bark. Essentially, by taking control of the situation, I make everyone happier - Snoop, myself and my neighbors.
If you want to release extra weight, determine who you want to control your life -- your hunger and addiction to processed foods or your heart and your determination to be healthy and happy. When you want to reach for fatty, sugary or processed foods, choose to either:
It is your choice, whether you allow your cravings take charge or you stop them immediately. Hunger and cravings need to be trained. Yes, it may take some time, but it will be worth the effort. After a few weeks, it will become a habit to care for your body and as a result you will feel amazing physically and emotionally. You will also feel empowered. I know for a If my dog can remain calm when he hears the neighbors in the lobby without running to the door with a barking fest, then anyone can easily pass by food displays without an urge to attack the french fries and the pastries.
Why ask me?
- After many challenges and different crazy life experiences I am living my dream life and since my friends say I am pretty wisdomous and I think I am a little bit funny too, I want to share my life approach with you so you can live the life you love as well.
Here is a little bit about me:
- I am a creator of #1 Best Diet as selected by Harpers Baazar Magazine
- I started my career in the corporate world and didn't even know how to peel a shallot
- I have been a chef for celebrities for over 10 years
- I have a realistic approach to food and life
- I have a great relationship with food and can even let chocolate go bad because I simply forget I have it at home (something I wasn't able to do 10 years ago)
- I eat carbs whenever I feel like it without any guilt
- I used to hate to cook and now absolutely love being a private chef and a food relationship coach
- I wear whatever clothes I desire no matter what everyone is wearing or thinking
- I am in good shape and my body’s biological age is 13 years younger than the one in my passport
- I have experience being super poor, super wealthy and in between
- I’ve worked in corporate world and am now an entrepreneur
- I was married and divorced
- I used to cry going to work because I was so miserable with my boss
- I’ve had an emotional eating disorder
- I moved from Russia to USA alone at the age of 15
- I’ve lived in Russia, Europe and on both coasts of USA
- I have been super skinny and overweight
- I have been insecure and unhappy with reasons and secure and happy for no reason
- I used to wear glasses and healed my eyes with the power of thought and exercises
- I created "Couture Nutrition®" so you can have tailor-made solutions for your body and soul
- My brain usually comes up with jokes to soften stressful situations
- I think color coordination, sparkles and rainbows are underused