Yesterday, I was coaching a young woman on how to make the right choice in her relationship -- should she be in it or should she get out? As a coach, I don't advise people on WHAT to do, but lead them to find the answer they know is already there inside them. But since sometimes it may be hard to look at a relationship objectively, an analogy to shopping can do the trick.
So, look at the dilemma as if you are buying a dress. It maybe a gorgeous Dior gown in a beautiful shade of emerald that looks fabulous on a hanger, but once you put it on, it is a whole different story. The dress may not fit well on your shoulders or be too tight at the waist. It may be too short or the color may clash with your skin tone. It may even be a whole size smaller than you wear. And yet, you love that dress. So, what's a girl to do?
You can still buy the dress, love looking at it, but hate wearing it. But is that worth the financial investment? The answer is in you and it is up to you to decide on how to proceed. All I can do is help you change your perspective -- think of a simple, elegant, non-designer dress that you once bought on sale and then ended up loving it so much that you wore it all the time. I know we all have had that kind of shopping experience. Well, same can happen in relationships.
You may meet a terrific person, but they just seem to bring out the worst in you and no matter how hard you both try, you both end up sad or angry. It doesn't mean that you are bad people, it could be that you just don't "fit" each other as well. And if that is the case, think of what you would do with that amazing Dior gown that didn't fit... Would you buy it or leave it?
I believe the relationships are meant to be joyful. I believe that your partner should help you become the best person you can be. Yes, there may be down days when you get mad and you fight, but I think those should be rare. In the end, the happy days should be outweighing the sad days by a big margin. After all, why would a person decide to invest his/her time in a relationship if they weren't feeling loved?
Remember that no matter who you are or where you are, you are a part of the universe that is all love and you deserve to feel that love. Relationships and shopping should you be your choices, so make them the most fabulous and joyful experiences you can!
Why ask me?
- After many challenges and different crazy life experiences I am living my dream life and since my friends say I am pretty wisdomous and I think I am a little bit funny too, I want to share my life approach with you so you can live the life you love as well.
Here is a little bit about me:
- I am a creator of #1 Best Diet as selected by Harpers Baazar Magazine
- I started my career in the corporate world and didn't even know how to peel a shallot
- I have been a chef for celebrities for over 10 years
- I have a realistic approach to food and life
- I have a great relationship with food and can even let chocolate go bad because I simply forget I have it at home (something I wasn't able to do 10 years ago)
- I eat carbs whenever I feel like it without any guilt
- I used to hate to cook and now absolutely love being a private chef and a food relationship coach
- I wear whatever clothes I desire no matter what everyone is wearing or thinking
- I am in good shape and my body’s biological age is 13 years younger than the one in my passport
- I have experience being super poor, super wealthy and in between
- I’ve worked in corporate world and am now an entrepreneur
- I was married and divorced
- I used to cry going to work because I was so miserable with my boss
- I’ve had an emotional eating disorder
- I moved from Russia to USA alone at the age of 15
- I’ve lived in Russia, Europe and on both coasts of USA
- I have been super skinny and overweight
- I have been insecure and unhappy with reasons and secure and happy for no reason
- I used to wear glasses and healed my eyes with the power of thought and exercises
- I created "Couture Nutrition®" so you can have tailor-made solutions for your body and soul
- My brain usually comes up with jokes to soften stressful situations
- I think color coordination, sparkles and rainbows are underused