The most common question people ask me is: “Where do I begin on my path to healthy eating?” If that is something you are interested in as well, then I invite you to join me at the First Annual SEED Food and Wine Festival in Miami!
I have been saying this for years – eating healthy can be fun and fabulous and SEED is the proof of it. This 5-day all plant-based event is going to be fun, sexy and delicious as it features gourmet dinners with wine pairings, a fabulous brunch, film screening, a kid-friendly event and an all-day festival of food, wine and craft beer from some of my favorite restaurants in South Florida.
The festival has signed a stellar cast of celebrity chefs, authors and health experts, such as plant-based actress Alicia Silverstone, best-selling author and chef, Matthew Kenney; 2014 James Beard Award nominees Rich Landau and Kate Jacoby; and author Brendan Brazier, a former professional Ironman triathlete considered to be one of the world's foremost authorities on plant-based nutrition. BONUS: You will also get to meet me, as I will be one of the presenting chefs at the Saturday event, doing a live un-cooking demo.
If you are new to the plant-based eating, I strongly suggest going to one of the gourmet dinners as you are in for a treat (I bought my tickets to the Matthew Kenney dinner on Saturday night as soon as they were available for sale).
To buy your tickets, visit www.SeedFoodAndWine.com
In honor of the event, I would like to share one of my favorite recipes – healthy and fabulous raw cacao truffles. They are easy to make, delicious and guilt-free! To see how they are made, watch my video here.
RAW CACAO TRUFFLES
1 cup pitted medjool dates
1/2 cup coconut manna or butter (NOT OIL)
3/4 cup raw agave
½ vanilla bean
½ teaspoon mineral salt
1 cup cacao powder
1/8 cup cacao for rolling
Place vanilla bean in food processor with agave and cacao and blend until the bean is chopped. Add the rest of ingredients and process until chocolate mass if formed.
Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
When cooled, roll a small amount of the mixture into a ball and brush with cacao powder so it is not sticky outside. Enjoy!
Why ask me?
- After many challenges and different crazy life experiences I am living my dream life and since my friends say I am pretty wisdomous and I think I am a little bit funny too, I want to share my life approach with you so you can live the life you love as well.
Here is a little bit about me:
- I am a creator of #1 Best Diet as selected by Harpers Baazar Magazine
- I started my career in the corporate world and didn't even know how to peel a shallot
- I have been a chef for celebrities for over 10 years
- I have a realistic approach to food and life
- I have a great relationship with food and can even let chocolate go bad because I simply forget I have it at home (something I wasn't able to do 10 years ago)
- I eat carbs whenever I feel like it without any guilt
- I used to hate to cook and now absolutely love being a private chef and a food relationship coach
- I wear whatever clothes I desire no matter what everyone is wearing or thinking
- I am in good shape and my body’s biological age is 13 years younger than the one in my passport
- I have experience being super poor, super wealthy and in between
- I’ve worked in corporate world and am now an entrepreneur
- I was married and divorced
- I used to cry going to work because I was so miserable with my boss
- I’ve had an emotional eating disorder
- I moved from Russia to USA alone at the age of 15
- I’ve lived in Russia, Europe and on both coasts of USA
- I have been super skinny and overweight
- I have been insecure and unhappy with reasons and secure and happy for no reason
- I used to wear glasses and healed my eyes with the power of thought and exercises
- I created "Couture Nutrition®" so you can have tailor-made solutions for your body and soul
- My brain usually comes up with jokes to soften stressful situations
- I think color coordination, sparkles and rainbows are underused