As we are approaching the start of a 7-Day Detox, here is the list of things I will be getting. Depending on your commitment to health, your schedule and overall well-being, feel free to either go all the way, or just do some of the suggestions. For those who want a turn-key detox solution delivered right to them in South Florida, take a look at my SuperFood Detox Program here.
If you don't want to go on an all-juice detox, but want to jump-start your health and boost metabolism, I suggest you eliminate all animal products, all non-fruit sugar and anything that comes from a package. Focus on eating plant-based foods and add as many of the suggestions below to your day as you can.
Whichever you decide, simply adding these superfoods and drinks will give you more energy and make you feel better!
Go green with Kale, Collard Greens, Parsley, Spinach, Dandellion Greens, Napa Cabbage and Bok Choy. You can either juice your greens, or if you are new to detoxing, you can blend them with frozen berries or fruit like bananas, mangoes and pineapple.
Buy celery, cucumbers and carrots to give your juice volume and dilute the bitter greens
Buy apples and pineapple. They are great for juicing and sweetening up your drinks
4. Omega 3
Choose Omega 3 supplements that come from small, wild fish.
If you are juicing, you will need spirulina as tablets. If you decide to try smoothies, you can add spirulina as a powder. Did you know that many varieties of spirulina has more protein per 100 grams than meat? But start small. Spirulina has a strong taste and you may want to take it easy in the beginning.
6. Blue Green Algae
Right in your Whole Foods supplements isle, look for their store brand of Blue Green Algae. Best $16.99 you can spend!
7. Natural Calm Magnesium
Great supplement to get your digestive tract moving and help you sleep better when you are detoxing.
8. Herbal Teas
If you feel cold and need to warm up, a cup of hot tea can do that trick!
9. Citrus Fruits
To relieve hunger during the first days, lemons and grapefruits are perfect ways to help you ease into the detox. Add lemon to your water and eat grapefruits as snacks.
10. Lavender Candle or Pouch
Smelling lavender will help you keep the cravings away when they try to sabotage your detox on the first day.
11. Kombucha or Probiotic Supplements
Good bacteria is vital for your digestive system and Kombucha is a great way to get a dose in. I also find that my cravings are weaker when I drink it.
WHAT I WILL BE DOING:
Friday: A light non-animal product breakfast like oatmeal with fruit. Start my juices at lunch.
Saturday- Thursday: Make 3 green juices or smoothies a day and use them to replace meals. Take one of the suggested supplements a day with your juices/smoothies, but not all of them at once. Split the supplements in groups and take with different juices. Drink plenty of water and rest as much as possible, especially this weekend, in the beginning of the detox.
I will be blogging about my detox experience, so check back here if you need support!
Why ask me?
- After many challenges and different crazy life experiences I am living my dream life and since my friends say I am pretty wisdomous and I think I am a little bit funny too, I want to share my life approach with you so you can live the life you love as well.
Here is a little bit about me:
- I am a creator of #1 Best Diet as selected by Harpers Baazar Magazine
- I started my career in the corporate world and didn't even know how to peel a shallot
- I have been a chef for celebrities for over 10 years
- I have a realistic approach to food and life
- I have a great relationship with food and can even let chocolate go bad because I simply forget I have it at home (something I wasn't able to do 10 years ago)
- I eat carbs whenever I feel like it without any guilt
- I used to hate to cook and now absolutely love being a private chef and a food relationship coach
- I wear whatever clothes I desire no matter what everyone is wearing or thinking
- I am in good shape and my body’s biological age is 13 years younger than the one in my passport
- I have experience being super poor, super wealthy and in between
- I’ve worked in corporate world and am now an entrepreneur
- I was married and divorced
- I used to cry going to work because I was so miserable with my boss
- I’ve had an emotional eating disorder
- I moved from Russia to USA alone at the age of 15
- I’ve lived in Russia, Europe and on both coasts of USA
- I have been super skinny and overweight
- I have been insecure and unhappy with reasons and secure and happy for no reason
- I used to wear glasses and healed my eyes with the power of thought and exercises
- I created "Couture Nutrition®" so you can have tailor-made solutions for your body and soul
- My brain usually comes up with jokes to soften stressful situations
- I think color coordination, sparkles and rainbows are underused