When dining with a group of friends or family, sometimes we don’t have a choice of the restaurant and creativity is key. Being mostly vegan, I prefer to eat plant-based meals when going out and with experience I learned how to order a healthy meal even at a steakhouse.
In this blog I will share my top “green goddess- approved” meals that you can find around Boca. Use these guidelines to create your own healthy meal at any other steakhouse around the country. You will be surprised how easy it can be to eat at the meat-eaters paradise!
Z-TIP: If you would like to eat 100% Raw Vegan at any restaurant, including the ones below, print out this card and take with you whenever you go out. Give it to the waiter and ask the chef to create you a raw meal using some of these ingredients or any other fruits/veggies they may have. The add some olive oil and lemon juice to dress up the meal.
NEW YORK PRIME and MORTON’S
When eating here, I would begin with either the New York Prime's Chopped Italian Salad without anchovies and blue cheese or at Morton’s you can get their chopped salad without the cheese or bacon. For the entrée you can create your own main course of steamed garlic spinach, asparagus (sans the hollandaise) and a plain baked potato, drizzled with olive oil and a little bit of salt. The salad will provide you with a plethora of vitamins and enzymes to boost your energy and your immune system. Spinach will love your body with a good doze of iron, asparagus will help detoxify your system and baked potato will keep you full as it is high in fiber. New York Prime: 2350 NW Executive Center Dr, Boca Raton, FL (561) 998-3881 Morton’s: 5050 Town Center Cir Boca Raton, FL 33486 (561) 392-7724
ABE AND LOUIE’S
Here I would recommend the Abe & Louie’s Salad that features bibb lettuce, apples and pistachio nuts and I usually ask to hold the cheese and place the dressing on the side. This is one of the most interesting salads I have seen at steakhouse and it is pretty nutritious as lettuce is high in blood-purifying chlorophyll, apples are rich in fat-reducing pectin and pistachios are known to be the highest-protein and lowest-calorie nut. For my entrée, I would go with a Cauliflower Steak, Jumbo Baked Sweet Potato (without the brown sugar_ and Brussels sprouts. Cauliflower is a great low-calorie vegetable that is high in fiber and low in starch. Sweet potatoes are rich in bloat-reducing potassium and Brussels sprouts are a part of cruciferous family of vegetables that help detoxify your liver. 2200 West Glades Road, Boca Raton, FL 33431 (561) 447-0024
PRIME in DELRAY
Prime happens to have one of my favorite vegetarian menus. Here I like to begin with the Roasted Beets salad (without the feta) that comes with golden Frisse lettuce, micro basil and toasted walnuts for extra Omega 3’s and protein. For my main course I would recommend a plate of Wild Steak House Mushrooms, Baby Broccoli Rabe and an order of Roasted Sage Fingerlings. While mushrooms are full of protein and low in calories, they have a great meaty texture. Baby Broccoli Rabe is rich in blood-purifying chlorophyll and Fingerlings are rich in fiber. They also balance off the meal as they happen to be the only high-calorie part of the dinner. Another alternative here is a vegetarian sushi roll – a great dinner for those who are in the mood for a lighter fare. 110 E Atlantic Ave Delray Beach, FL 33444 (561) 865-5845
Why ask me?
- After many challenges and different crazy life experiences I am living my dream life and since my friends say I am pretty wisdomous and I think I am a little bit funny too, I want to share my life approach with you so you can live the life you love as well.
Here is a little bit about me:
- I am a creator of #1 Best Diet as selected by Harpers Baazar Magazine
- I started my career in the corporate world and didn't even know how to peel a shallot
- I have been a chef for celebrities for over 10 years
- I have a realistic approach to food and life
- I have a great relationship with food and can even let chocolate go bad because I simply forget I have it at home (something I wasn't able to do 10 years ago)
- I eat carbs whenever I feel like it without any guilt
- I used to hate to cook and now absolutely love being a private chef and a food relationship coach
- I wear whatever clothes I desire no matter what everyone is wearing or thinking
- I am in good shape and my body’s biological age is 13 years younger than the one in my passport
- I have experience being super poor, super wealthy and in between
- I’ve worked in corporate world and am now an entrepreneur
- I was married and divorced
- I used to cry going to work because I was so miserable with my boss
- I’ve had an emotional eating disorder
- I moved from Russia to USA alone at the age of 15
- I’ve lived in Russia, Europe and on both coasts of USA
- I have been super skinny and overweight
- I have been insecure and unhappy with reasons and secure and happy for no reason
- I used to wear glasses and healed my eyes with the power of thought and exercises
- I created "Couture Nutrition®" so you can have tailor-made solutions for your body and soul
- My brain usually comes up with jokes to soften stressful situations
- I think color coordination, sparkles and rainbows are underused