Have you ever wished you could just stop dieting, eat whatever you want and be at your perfect weight? If so, then this blog entry is for you!
After many years of studying different dietary theories and detoxes, I decided to stop all of my experiments and just live, eat what feels natural to me and see what happens. In the last few weeks I found that most days I love fruit in the morning while sometimes I enjoy a cooked, warm meal. For lunch or dinner I either go for more fruit, have sushi, a big salad with beans or even fish and vegetables. I found that I love cooked sweet potatoes and sometimes enjoy some warm rice with beans. As for desserts, I realized that I am satisfied with 1-2 sweet treats a week. I even had a little bit of dairy products and loved them (gasp!)
I liked those foods taste, I felt great going out to eat and not worrying about my food options and ordering whatever I wanted. Unfortunately I wasn't feeling as light and energetic as I have before when I was eating 100% raw foods and mostly fruit. Once you try a certain way of eating and feeling, you notice the difference when you make a change. Because going out to eat is a big part of my life, I needed to find a new approach that worked in my social life and made me feel good at the same time. So, what's a girl to do?
The answer came to me when I was brushing my teeth. We all do that right? Twice a day, about 2 minutes in the morning and 2 minutes in the evening. Why do we do that? The answer is simple - we want our teeth to look and feel great, we want to look attractive, we want to dazzle others with a flawless smile. We invest time and money into buying a good tooth brush, re-stocking the toothpaste and taking the time every day to clean our pearly whites. So, why not use the same approach with food? Why not look at healthy food as the means to looking hot!
I realize that dark leafy greens may not be as attractive as a hot fudge sundaes and broccoli is not as tantalizing as cookies, but do they really have to be? After all, they can help you look hot in a bikini, what more would you ask for? I think there is time and space for everything and in appropriate amounts. For example, we choose teeth brushing to be a daily activity while clothes shopping is done more on weekly or monthly basis. That's pretty much common sense. We make these choices because we like the results they provide when done at the right times. So, why not use the same principle with food?
For me, I found that I thrive when I have greens with every meal. For example, I may have raw fruits for breakfast with a few supplements of chlorella or mixed greens, make a green smoothie or cook up some greens in a mexican-style breakfast. My energy level is very high when my lunch is a big salad with kale, tomatoes, cucumbers, dulse, sprouts and hummus. For dinner my best meal is fruit or big plate of cooked greens with Daiya cheese and tomatoes if I am staying in. If going out I love asking the chef to create me a plate of their best veggies and spinach. Funny thing is, greens are like brushes that clean your body inside while a toothbrush is cleaning your teeth outside! The key approach here is that I am not making these choices because I want to be on a diet and I am not at all depriving myself.
What it really comes down to is that I want to feel amazing. I want to wake up refreshed with lots energy early in the morning. I want to have a slender body and not feel bloated. And just like I choose to brush my teeth every day for 2 minutes at a time with the best Sonic brush my dentist can recommend, I am choosing to mostly eat the best foods for me every day -- fruits and vegetables. Then, if I feel like eating something else once a week or so, I can easily do that. I know that my body will be strong enough to digest it and not feel tired afterwards, just like my teeth can handle being brushed for only 1 minute instead of 2, once in a while. The goal is that you make the best choices based on how you WANT to FEEL and I hope you choose to THRIVE!
Why ask me?
- After many challenges and different crazy life experiences I am living my dream life and since my friends say I am pretty wisdomous and I think I am a little bit funny too, I want to share my life approach with you so you can live the life you love as well.
Here is a little bit about me:
- I am a creator of #1 Best Diet as selected by Harpers Baazar Magazine
- I started my career in the corporate world and didn't even know how to peel a shallot
- I have been a chef for celebrities for over 10 years
- I have a realistic approach to food and life
- I have a great relationship with food and can even let chocolate go bad because I simply forget I have it at home (something I wasn't able to do 10 years ago)
- I eat carbs whenever I feel like it without any guilt
- I used to hate to cook and now absolutely love being a private chef and a food relationship coach
- I wear whatever clothes I desire no matter what everyone is wearing or thinking
- I am in good shape and my body’s biological age is 13 years younger than the one in my passport
- I have experience being super poor, super wealthy and in between
- I’ve worked in corporate world and am now an entrepreneur
- I was married and divorced
- I used to cry going to work because I was so miserable with my boss
- I’ve had an emotional eating disorder
- I moved from Russia to USA alone at the age of 15
- I’ve lived in Russia, Europe and on both coasts of USA
- I have been super skinny and overweight
- I have been insecure and unhappy with reasons and secure and happy for no reason
- I used to wear glasses and healed my eyes with the power of thought and exercises
- I created "Couture Nutrition®" so you can have tailor-made solutions for your body and soul
- My brain usually comes up with jokes to soften stressful situations
- I think color coordination, sparkles and rainbows are underused