A few days ago on Facebook, I posted a question - Do sexy workout clothes inspire you to workout? I got many different responses from - "Heck, yes!" from my health-nut friends to "Nothing inspires me to workout" from the foodies. However, there was one reply that really touched my heart. It was from a friend who said that sexy workout clothes are only for perfect people.
This reply triggered something in me because just a year ago I wouldn't have dared to wear the tight clothes with cutouts like I do today. I also believed that those outfits were for "perfect" people, the ones with zero cellulite and tight abs. Believe it or not, but while I do think I am rather cute, I never used to think of myself as sexy. Of course, I had moments when I felt sexy and I would dress up, but I never felt the courage to own it. Truth be told, I used to wonder if people would judge me if I wore something that was revealing.
Then this past May, two people I cared about passed away. One was 97 and the other 52. Then it really hit me - life is a precious thing that will end. It is a guarantee. This is no a dress rehearsal, this is the one we got to live NOW.
As I look back at my past decisions and actions, I don't have many regrets (except that I was pushover when I was 6 and gave away my aqua-colored toy pony to a girl who said she liked it. Yes, I still regret doing that because I really didn't want to give it away, but felt like it was the "right" thing to do.)
Anyway, the point is - if you want to wear sexy clothes, do it. Do it now. Who cares if you are not "perfect." What others think of you is none of your business.
I have 3 questions that I ask myself before I do something that I want to do, but am scared to do it:
1. Is this action self-loving?
2. If this action involves others, it is loving towards them?
3. Will I regret not trying even if I fail?
If I answer "YES" to these three questions, then I answer "YES" to myself and proceed.
I think that too many times we are not truly living, but instead we are abiding to a set of rules someone else came up with. We are living inside our minds wondering what someone else is going to think about us.
I recently read a blog post about skydiving and how it really helps you to let go, have faith and trust. I think that's because facing death helps you live. But guess what, we are all going to die eventually, we just don't know when. So why wait? You don't need to jump out of the plane to start living. What you need is to say YES! to yourself and do what makes you feel good. Buy the dress, drink the green smoothie, go dancing. Whatever it is.
If you think that I don't live inside my mind and hear voices of fear, then you are wrong. I am human and I also get bombarded by voices of self-doubt. But I choose to shut them off. Instead I read inspiring books, I call friends that help me raise my vibration and I shop for sexy lingerie just for myself. As the matter of fact, I just bought something extraordinary beautiful at the Agent Provocateur. Not for anyone else, but for myself. It feels so empowering to dress yourself up because YOU want to FEEL a certain way.
I want to encourage you to love yourself up and to say YES! to yourself. Start with small decisions and listen to your heart. Look 5, 10, 20, 50 years ahead and ask yourself - what would your older, wiser self do right now? Would she hide away or would she show her true magnificence?
You are born to shine and you don't have to be perfect for that. If only the best looking flowers bloomed, the world would be a dull place.
So open your heart, follow its calling and Let Yourself Blossom!
With lots of love,
PS. If you want to start feeling sexy in your body, but don't know where to begin, join my Peace With Your Body Coaching Program. It is something that has helped me, so I am now sharing it with others.
Why ask me?
- After many challenges and different crazy life experiences I am living my dream life and since my friends say I am pretty wisdomous and I think I am a little bit funny too, I want to share my life approach with you so you can live the life you love as well.
Here is a little bit about me:
- I am a creator of #1 Best Diet as selected by Harpers Baazar Magazine
- I started my career in the corporate world and didn't even know how to peel a shallot
- I have been a chef for celebrities for over 10 years
- I have a realistic approach to food and life
- I have a great relationship with food and can even let chocolate go bad because I simply forget I have it at home (something I wasn't able to do 10 years ago)
- I eat carbs whenever I feel like it without any guilt
- I used to hate to cook and now absolutely love being a private chef and a food relationship coach
- I wear whatever clothes I desire no matter what everyone is wearing or thinking
- I am in good shape and my body’s biological age is 13 years younger than the one in my passport
- I have experience being super poor, super wealthy and in between
- I’ve worked in corporate world and am now an entrepreneur
- I was married and divorced
- I used to cry going to work because I was so miserable with my boss
- I’ve had an emotional eating disorder
- I moved from Russia to USA alone at the age of 15
- I’ve lived in Russia, Europe and on both coasts of USA
- I have been super skinny and overweight
- I have been insecure and unhappy with reasons and secure and happy for no reason
- I used to wear glasses and healed my eyes with the power of thought and exercises
- I created "Couture Nutrition®" so you can have tailor-made solutions for your body and soul
- My brain usually comes up with jokes to soften stressful situations
- I think color coordination, sparkles and rainbows are underused