2 SECRETS FOR BETTER SLEEP
Q: I can't fall asleep - I keep thinking of past experiences and pain... actually I think a lot in general, just my mind racing. This makes me feel exhausted, but not physically, so I can't sleep. What can I do to help that?
A: I am sorry to hear this and you are not alone. But it doesn't have to be this way. Here are my top 2 tips to getting your ZZZ's:
1. Every night, about one hour before going to bed, I take 2 capsules of Magnesium Breakthrough by Bioptimizers. This particular supplement has 7 types of magnesium that helps me relax mentally and physically. I even measured my sleep and it's much better when I take magnesium, as it is one of the most missing minerals in our diets. They do have a money back guarantee and coupon code AlinaZ can save you extra $.
2. Then, about 15 minutes before I want to fall asleep, I take out my gratitude journal and write 5 things that I am grateful for that day. I've had this journal from the photo above for 10 years now and write in it every night (the shell stays and I just get new pages every New Year) I actually keep all of my journal inserts and love to read them and reflect on my past experiences and how I processed them.
Here are my tips on gratitude journaling:
There are actually two types of gratitude - regular and radical.
Regular Gratitude is when you write about good things that happened that day - the weather was wonderful, I am grateful for my health, I am grateful for my supportive parents, I went out for drinks with my BFF and we got to connect, I love my dog... etc...
Basically, you go through your day and look for the goodness in it. Even if the day was shitty, you can still find good things - like your fingers, your eyes, roof over your head...
By doing this, you help reprogram your brain and then can fall asleep feeling happier and more relaxed.
Radical Gratitude is a little harder, well, actually a lot. You have to be grateful for all the shitty things... Here is how I did it: I would give gratitude for being angry that my dog died, I would repeat that I was grateful for feeling sad about a break up, etc.
This might sound like a crazy thing to do, but magic happens after this torrential emotional storm - you see the rainbow!
Once you really feel those feelings, your mind starts to come up with reasons why they are good. For example, your mind starts to be grateful for anger and ends up being grateful for your open heart that loved so deeply and had so much joy for an extended period of time. And then that joy pours all over you and you start smiling and feeling gratitude for the goodness that you did have.
I invite you to buy a journal that you will cherish and treasure, preferably one that has calendar pages so you can write about each particular day and then reference it later, remembering what happened when.
Try this for a few days, weeks and see how much better you feel. After all, it's not that happy people are grateful, it's that grateful people are happy.
With lot of love and gratitude to you,
10/10/2022 05:12:39 pm
Develop detail trip listen threat grow. Focus very customer no practice range. Administration much season church.
Leave a Reply.
Why ask me?
- After many challenges and different crazy life experiences I am living my dream life and since my friends say I am pretty wisdomous and I think I am a little bit funny too, I want to share my life approach with you so you can live the life you love as well.
Here is a little bit about me:
- I am a creator of #1 Best Diet as selected by Harpers Baazar Magazine
- I started my career in the corporate world and didn't even know how to peel a shallot
- I have been a chef for celebrities for over 10 years
- I have a realistic approach to food and life
- I have a great relationship with food and can even let chocolate go bad because I simply forget I have it at home (something I wasn't able to do 10 years ago)
- I eat carbs whenever I feel like it without any guilt
- I used to hate to cook and now absolutely love being a private chef and a food relationship coach
- I wear whatever clothes I desire no matter what everyone is wearing or thinking
- I am in good shape and my body’s biological age is 13 years younger than the one in my passport
- I have experience being super poor, super wealthy and in between
- I’ve worked in corporate world and am now an entrepreneur
- I was married and divorced
- I used to cry going to work because I was so miserable with my boss
- I’ve had an emotional eating disorder
- I moved from Russia to USA alone at the age of 15
- I’ve lived in Russia, Europe and on both coasts of USA
- I have been super skinny and overweight
- I have been insecure and unhappy with reasons and secure and happy for no reason
- I used to wear glasses and healed my eyes with the power of thought and exercises
- I created "Couture Nutrition®" so you can have tailor-made solutions for your body and soul
- My brain usually comes up with jokes to soften stressful situations
- I think color coordination, sparkles and rainbows are underused