Many clients ask me about zero-calorie sweeteners such as stevia. If you are regularly using zero-calorie sweeteners and yet you find yourself gaining weight, then it is time to reexamine some factors. Unless you can't have sugar for medical reasons, here are the top 3 reasons why I encourage real sugar.
1. Zero-calorie sweeteners can send a message that you are not good enough to have the real thing. Does this self-conversation sound familiar?
8AM: I am being good! Taking stevia, I just saved 30 calories with my coffee!
11AM: I am not drinking regular coke, and having diet instead, because regular sugar has calories and I can't have these calories
2PM: I want to lose weight so than I can look good and be loved and love myself. Hmm..does that mean I don't love myself right now?
3PM: I deserve something yummy and good. Like regular cake. I want to show myself that love that I am craving. Who cares about calories!
5PM: Now that I screwed up the day, I might as well have whatever else I want.
It is not uncommon that one can overindulge in the afternoon to release the stress that accumulated from not allowing yourself to have 30 calories of real sugar! I believe it is better to have the real thing and leave the stress behind. Tell yourself you are worth looking and feeling fabulous and you deserve to have real food.
2. Zero-calorie sweeteners can change your taste buds
Because zero-calorie sweeteners have a different flavor than real sugar, our taste buds can change the way they react to real foods. Those who are used to zero-calorie sweeteners are more likely to overeat when they are given a real sugar dessert simply because it doesn't taste sweet enough.
3. Zero-calorie sweeteners can add toxins to your body
Because our bodies are not naturally programmed to deal with zero-calorie sweeteners, they view these sugars as foreign objects. If your digestive system is working on other foods, zero-calorie sweeteners can be stored as toxins in your tissue, in order to protect your body. This in turn, can lead to extra pounds, not to mention other health issues.
SWEET TREAT IDEAS:
We only live once, so we might as well live fabulously!
Why ask me?
- After many challenges and different crazy life experiences I am living my dream life and since my friends say I am pretty wisdomous and I think I am a little bit funny too, I want to share my life approach with you so you can live the life you love as well.
Here is a little bit about me:
- I am a creator of #1 Best Diet as selected by Harpers Baazar Magazine
- I started my career in the corporate world and didn't even know how to peel a shallot
- I have been a chef for celebrities for over 10 years
- I have a realistic approach to food and life
- I have a great relationship with food and can even let chocolate go bad because I simply forget I have it at home (something I wasn't able to do 10 years ago)
- I eat carbs whenever I feel like it without any guilt
- I used to hate to cook and now absolutely love being a private chef and a food relationship coach
- I wear whatever clothes I desire no matter what everyone is wearing or thinking
- I am in good shape and my body’s biological age is 13 years younger than the one in my passport
- I have experience being super poor, super wealthy and in between
- I’ve worked in corporate world and am now an entrepreneur
- I was married and divorced
- I used to cry going to work because I was so miserable with my boss
- I’ve had an emotional eating disorder
- I moved from Russia to USA alone at the age of 15
- I’ve lived in Russia, Europe and on both coasts of USA
- I have been super skinny and overweight
- I have been insecure and unhappy with reasons and secure and happy for no reason
- I used to wear glasses and healed my eyes with the power of thought and exercises
- I created "Couture Nutrition®" so you can have tailor-made solutions for your body and soul
- My brain usually comes up with jokes to soften stressful situations
- I think color coordination, sparkles and rainbows are underused