If you have been over-indulging during the holidays and need to detox or simply want to jump-start a life-long path to health, I want to recommend experiencing the magic of raw, unpasteurized juice cleanses. My clients who are juicing have seen their energy increase, their skin starting to glow, weight being released and signs of aging being reversed.
Luckily in Boca we have great juice companies that can make your detox easy and delicious. I have personally tried juices at all of the companies this blog, so you can rest assured, these are truly couture-style, creative drinks.
The hardest part of juicing with these pros was figuring out which one I liked better! Truth be told, I loved these four the best and want to share my Z-tips on juicing with you! Do not that I am not ranking them - they are simply the best juice companies that I found and enjoyed. They all have something different to offer, creating perfect fits for different clients.
First of all, why try a juice cleanse to begin with? Even though we are watching what we eat and make the right food choices, toxins still lurk into our bodies. For example, if you go out to eat, then you have pesticides and toxins in your system from non-organic foods that are found in most restaurants. The unpleasant side effect of having them in our systems can be seen in weight gain, low energy, unclear skin and many illnesses.
By doing a simple detox, you will give your digestive system a vacation so your body can get rid of harmful toxins, boost its energy, release extra weight, promote deeper sleep and reduce stress. Think of the detox as you think of dry cleaning your clothes – a necessary part of life that helps you look and feel great!
· Take advantage of nutritional consultations prior to the cleanse
· Eat light, vegan foods before and after your cleanse to ease in and out of the cleanse
· Only choose organic juices, otherwise you will be putting toxins and pesticides right back into your body
· Choose cold-pressed juices (like the ones in this blog) that retain most benefits from fruits and vegetables
· Don’t eat heavy foods such as bread and animal proteins right before and right after the cleanse
· Don’t use the cleanse as quick fix – it is a reboot for the system and not a crash diet
· Don’t pressure yourself into doing a long cleanse if you are not ready.
MY ORGANIC JUICE
Even the raw food guru David “Avocado” Wolfe is a big fan of My Organic Juice and he has a great reason for it. This company was started by a husband and wife team to help her heal and their passion for juicing is now helping many others get healthy. What I love about this company:
· Easy personal delivery system - you don’t even have to leave your house or office
· All glass-bottled
· Local produce
· Order by noon and have your juice personally delivered to you next day (weekday deliveries only)
· Cleanse bottles are labeled 1 through 6, so it is easy to follow
· If you want a delicious treat, try the Strawberry Dream smoothie
· Get a FREE cooler bag with a cleanse
· Complimentary nutritional counseling with a health coach is available
Z-Tip: Sign up for their convenient auto-renewal delivery program and make juice a daily habit - you will look and feel fabulous all year long. As Chelsea Silverman say: “Don’t Think, Just Drink!” Your body will thank you!
To order call 561.809.5925 or email at Chelsea@myorganicjuice.com http://myorganicjuice.com
This all-juice company is dedicated to making great-tasting juices in an eco-friendly and convenient way. What I love about them is:
· All glass-bottled
· Free delivery on juice cleanses
· Has many pick-up locations
· Infra-red sauna is available for use at their Fort Lauderdale location to help you detox and release toxins
· 1-day Cleanse has 6 juices and 3 energy shots
· Get a FREE cooler bag with a 3-day cleanse
· Pick up some raw vegan snacks to help you ease in and ease out of the cleanse
· Nutritional counseling is available
Z-Tip: Return 10 of their bottles to them and get 1 free juice!
3100 NW Boca Raton Blvd., #408 Boca Raton, FL 33431 855-Go-Swami http://www.swamijuiceco.com
Raw Juce is a juice-aholic’s paradise that offers 14 different juices, 9 smoothies, 4 shots and 8 dessert drinks that can satisfy your thirst and hunger. What I love about this store:
· They offer walk-in cleanses
· Samples of every juice are available before purchase
· Big selection of green juices
· Free consultation with a certified health coach
· Raw vegan foods, acai bowls and smoothies are available for purchase to ease in and out of the cleanse
· Convenient location off Glades rd and I-95
· Juice till dinner cleanses are great for beginners
Z-tip: Jarrod Levy, a store manager has been on a juice cleanse for 72 days (he loved it so much, he didn’t want to stop!) and he lost 60 pounds. Stop by and ask him for his tips on how to do a cleanse and still enjoy life.
2200 Glades Rd Ste. 403, Boca Raton, Florida 33431. 561.424.JUCE www.RawJuce.com
Christopher’s Kitchen has been one of my favorite places to eat at for years and now they are also offering juice cleanses. What I love about Christopher’s Kitchen is:
· More than 20 juices are available
· Great selection of to-go Raw Vegan meals at their Market area
· They offer walk-in cleanses
· Inspiring names such as Glow, Abundance, Youthful, Clarity, Illuminate add great energy to the cleanses
· Their Brazilnut milk is out of this world amazing and helps support thyroid health
· Samples of juices are available before you purchase
· Their to-go smoothies are a perfect addition to a cleanse for beginners
Z-tip: Enjoy Christopher’s kitchen meals in the dining room to ease into the cleanse and you will transform your world. Save room for dessert - their lemon vanilla cheesecake is to live for!
4783 PGA Blvd, Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33418 (561) 318-6191 http://christopherskitchenfl.com
One of the biggest challenges my clients face when they start working with me is discovering that deep inside them there is a voice that sabotages their successes. Somewhere deep inside there is a voice that keeps telling them that they are not good enough… Continue reading here.
One of my favorite Disney movies is Beauty and the Beast. Little girls from an early age are taught to look through the looks and love people for who they are. I think we all consciously try to do that. Except for one person. In my line of work I often see women who can't fall in love with themselves. Continue reading here.