The other day I was walking through Saks when a beautiful dress caught my eye. It was pink with a gorgeous floral print. The fabric cascaded down and gathered in all the right places. It was stunning. When I looked at the price tag, I saw it was a hefty $2,000 - a price out of my range for a dress that I would only wear on a few occasions. It wasn't something I would like to invest in.
A few days later when I was meeting with a client, she said that she loved eating her cookies and didn't want to give them up. When I asked her why not, she said it was because they were tasty. At first glance that answer seems reasonable - we eat things that taste good. Nothing crazy about that. However, what is the price to pay for such indulgences?
When you think of the Cavalli dress, you can easily visualize the numbers, analyze your income and figure out if you can afford the indulgence. Why is it that so many people don't look the same way at food? Is it because many people don't want to face the truth of the high cost your body has to pay when it has to digest foreign substances that are often present in processed foods? Is it really easier to pretend that cookies disappear after they pass by our lips? Most importantly, how do we prevent our food over-spending and still have a great time?
I think it is best to focus on QUALITY. If you want to indulge in a cookie, then buy the best quality one that will be good to your body for hours. Don't settle for a temporarily 3 minute chewing relief that will be destroying your digestive track later on just to settle somewhere in your hips. I know that if I chose to regularly buy Cavalli dresses just because they looked pretty, I would have to rent a storage facility for the excess and probably go broke from overspending.
The same goes with food -- eat too much of those cookies just because they taste good and you will go over budget with calories (not to mention your compromised organs) and you will have to create extra fat storage in your body to accommodate the calories. If you do choose to splurge, make sure it is for something that will last a while, something that becomes an investment in your health.
You wouldn't be spending thousands of dollars on a trendy piece of the season that you won't wear after a few months, would you? When it comes to buying designer clothing, there is nothing more satisfying than finding a timeless piece that will last you for decades and make you smile when you wear it. Same with food. Remember your budget, choose quality over quantity, enjoy every moment and savor life!
Why ask me?
- After many challenges and different crazy life experiences I am living my dream life and since my friends say I am pretty wisdomous and I think I am a little bit funny too, I want to share my life approach with you so you can live the life you love as well.
Here is a little bit about me:
- I am a creator of #1 Best Diet as selected by Harpers Baazar Magazine
- I started my career in the corporate world and didn't even know how to peel a shallot
- I have been a chef for celebrities for over 10 years
- I have a realistic approach to food and life
- I have a great relationship with food and can even let chocolate go bad because I simply forget I have it at home (something I wasn't able to do 10 years ago)
- I eat carbs whenever I feel like it without any guilt
- I used to hate to cook and now absolutely love being a private chef and a food relationship coach
- I wear whatever clothes I desire no matter what everyone is wearing or thinking
- I am in good shape and my body’s biological age is 13 years younger than the one in my passport
- I have experience being super poor, super wealthy and in between
- I’ve worked in corporate world and am now an entrepreneur
- I was married and divorced
- I used to cry going to work because I was so miserable with my boss
- I’ve had an emotional eating disorder
- I moved from Russia to USA alone at the age of 15
- I’ve lived in Russia, Europe and on both coasts of USA
- I have been super skinny and overweight
- I have been insecure and unhappy with reasons and secure and happy for no reason
- I used to wear glasses and healed my eyes with the power of thought and exercises
- I created "Couture Nutrition®" so you can have tailor-made solutions for your body and soul
- My brain usually comes up with jokes to soften stressful situations
- I think color coordination, sparkles and rainbows are underused