The holidays are over and it is time to get back to our daily routines. As I talk to many people, I hear a lot of them mention going on diets/detoxes to lose the holiday weight. As hard as it may seem to let go of eating daily desserts and enjoying cocktails, there is a way to get back to a healthier, happier and lighter you without deprivation.
Imagine that you see a beautiful actress on TV news and you decide that you want to look like her. You grow envious of her long lashes, flawless skin, her perfect lips. You want your hips to be as slender as hers, you want her flat stomach and you want yourself to have the shiny sparkles in the eyes just like she does. As you shift your focus from her looks to the actual news, you find out that her partner of several years is leaving her. You wonder, how can it be that such a gorgeous person can be dumped by someone?
The truth is, that behind the perfect facade of make up and great clothes, there is the true essence of the person that makes one fall in or out of love with them. As cliche as it may sound, it is what's inside that really counts. Perhaps that woman was abusive to her partner or she didn't give any love back. Whichever reason it was, it definitely was revealed only behind the mask of makeup.
Now, think about the food you are so tempted to eat. Does the chocolate cake really appeal to you as your daily nourishment? Will that cake be gentle with your body and make you feel light? Will it let your eyes sparkle for more than 5 minutes during which you eat it? Perhaps this cake is simply sugar, fat, modified corn starch and gluten with make up on? Is it worth your time and your precious health?
My suggestion is to find the cake that is not only beautiful outside, but is also delicious and nourishing inside. It may take some time to find one, but it is not impossible. (My monthly newsletters always feature decadent and good-for-you treats, for example!) Keep striving and don't settle for less when it comes to your daily food. Choose foods because you want to be gentle with yourself and go for the best quality you can find. But if you do feel like having a one-time fling with a Godiva chocolate cheesecake once in a blue moon, go for it! Enjoy it to the last bite and then get back to things that truly matter in life.
I know from experience that deprivation doesn't work and only makes people eat more. However, seeing the truth does work and allowing yourself the choice of either accepting TRUE beauty into your life or not, will set you free.
Why ask me?
- After many challenges and different crazy life experiences I am living my dream life and since my friends say I am pretty wisdomous and I think I am a little bit funny too, I want to share my life approach with you so you can live the life you love as well.
Here is a little bit about me:
- I am a creator of #1 Best Diet as selected by Harpers Baazar Magazine
- I started my career in the corporate world and didn't even know how to peel a shallot
- I have been a chef for celebrities for over 10 years
- I have a realistic approach to food and life
- I have a great relationship with food and can even let chocolate go bad because I simply forget I have it at home (something I wasn't able to do 10 years ago)
- I eat carbs whenever I feel like it without any guilt
- I used to hate to cook and now absolutely love being a private chef and a food relationship coach
- I wear whatever clothes I desire no matter what everyone is wearing or thinking
- I am in good shape and my body’s biological age is 13 years younger than the one in my passport
- I have experience being super poor, super wealthy and in between
- I’ve worked in corporate world and am now an entrepreneur
- I was married and divorced
- I used to cry going to work because I was so miserable with my boss
- I’ve had an emotional eating disorder
- I moved from Russia to USA alone at the age of 15
- I’ve lived in Russia, Europe and on both coasts of USA
- I have been super skinny and overweight
- I have been insecure and unhappy with reasons and secure and happy for no reason
- I used to wear glasses and healed my eyes with the power of thought and exercises
- I created "Couture Nutrition®" so you can have tailor-made solutions for your body and soul
- My brain usually comes up with jokes to soften stressful situations
- I think color coordination, sparkles and rainbows are underused