This morning I woke up with a lot on my mind as I have a big to-do list for this short holiday week. I started to feel anxious and didn't know where to begin. Does that sound familiar? You can get so busy doing things for others that in the end of the day you can feel exhausted and crave sugar, salt, fat and alcohol! You know what I am talking about :)
Well, because I am focusing on self-love, I decided to use PLAY and saw that I just wanted to take a nice walk. I felt I needed to move my body, but a full-on exercise class would only stress me. And you know, that's when exercise can actually be counter-productive. If you feel stressed and look at exercise as a "should-do" in order to look good, in order to feel loved, then you are doing more harm than good.
It is actually the opposite - you have to feel GOOD exercising. If you are not enjoying your time, what's the point? Yes, sometimes it may be painful, but it can feel good to break through comfort zone. You can choose any exercise, but it has to be the one that you would do even if you were at perfect weight and didn't need to workout. In order to be truly effective, exercise has to make you feel loved in the moment and release your stress, not add more.
And did you know that if your exercise is causing stress, it can actually weaken your adrenal glands and cause more sugar, salt and fat cravings? No Bueno!
Exercise should not be punishment that you need to reward yourself for later. Instead, it should be reward in itself that makes you feel loved and taken care of! Exercise is how you can show your body love!
As I took my walk I felt inspired to share some tips and with that, here is my Day 10 video to inspired you to take time to love yourself with exercise and Let Yourself Blossom!
Sending you lots of love!
Why ask me?
- After many challenges and different crazy life experiences I am living my dream life and since my friends say I am pretty wisdomous and I think I am a little bit funny too, I want to share my life approach with you so you can live the life you love as well.
Here is a little bit about me:
- I am a creator of #1 Best Diet as selected by Harpers Baazar Magazine
- I started my career in the corporate world and didn't even know how to peel a shallot
- I have been a chef for celebrities for over 10 years
- I have a realistic approach to food and life
- I have a great relationship with food and can even let chocolate go bad because I simply forget I have it at home (something I wasn't able to do 10 years ago)
- I eat carbs whenever I feel like it without any guilt
- I used to hate to cook and now absolutely love being a private chef and a food relationship coach
- I wear whatever clothes I desire no matter what everyone is wearing or thinking
- I am in good shape and my body’s biological age is 13 years younger than the one in my passport
- I have experience being super poor, super wealthy and in between
- I’ve worked in corporate world and am now an entrepreneur
- I was married and divorced
- I used to cry going to work because I was so miserable with my boss
- I’ve had an emotional eating disorder
- I moved from Russia to USA alone at the age of 15
- I’ve lived in Russia, Europe and on both coasts of USA
- I have been super skinny and overweight
- I have been insecure and unhappy with reasons and secure and happy for no reason
- I used to wear glasses and healed my eyes with the power of thought and exercises
- I created "Couture Nutrition®" so you can have tailor-made solutions for your body and soul
- My brain usually comes up with jokes to soften stressful situations
- I think color coordination, sparkles and rainbows are underused