Detox Day 4
The day started with a green juice and a SuperFood Smoothie that featured: Banana, Strawberries, Raspberries, Pineapple, Chlorella, Spirulina, Mysquite, Maca, Raw Protein and Flaxseeds. This drink gave me energy to attack my day in style and I wasn't hungry till about 2pm. Lunch was dark leafy green crackers that I made with the pulp from my juicing and nuts. Amaranth with Broccoli, Tomato, Olive Oil and Dulce concluded the day.
A few words about Amaranth and other high-protein ancient grains:
If you find yourself craving sugar and chocolate, it maybe a sign that your body is not getting enough energy for your food. Protein is not meant to give us energy. Instead, it is a source that rebuilds our bodies and makes us stronger. However, your body is not created to easily convert protein to glucose.
Before you say no to carbs, give Amaranth and Quinoa a shot. Cook them according to directions and then sautee lightly with your favorite veggies, chick peas and parsley. You may be surprised how your blood sugar and energy stay nice and stable for a long time after you have this. If you feel you need salt, sprinkle some of the live Himalayan salt -- it will give you the minerals your body is craving.
Leave a Reply.
Why ask me?
- After many challenges and different crazy life experiences I am living my dream life and since my friends say I am pretty wisdomous and I think I am a little bit funny too, I want to share my life approach with you so you can live the life you love as well.
Here is a little bit about me:
- I am a creator of #1 Best Diet as selected by Harpers Baazar Magazine
- I started my career in the corporate world and didn't even know how to peel a shallot
- I have been a chef for celebrities for over 10 years
- I have a realistic approach to food and life
- I have a great relationship with food and can even let chocolate go bad because I simply forget I have it at home (something I wasn't able to do 10 years ago)
- I eat carbs whenever I feel like it without any guilt
- I used to hate to cook and now absolutely love being a private chef and a food relationship coach
- I wear whatever clothes I desire no matter what everyone is wearing or thinking
- I am in good shape and my body’s biological age is 13 years younger than the one in my passport
- I have experience being super poor, super wealthy and in between
- I’ve worked in corporate world and am now an entrepreneur
- I was married and divorced
- I used to cry going to work because I was so miserable with my boss
- I’ve had an emotional eating disorder
- I moved from Russia to USA alone at the age of 15
- I’ve lived in Russia, Europe and on both coasts of USA
- I have been super skinny and overweight
- I have been insecure and unhappy with reasons and secure and happy for no reason
- I used to wear glasses and healed my eyes with the power of thought and exercises
- I created "Couture Nutrition®" so you can have tailor-made solutions for your body and soul
- My brain usually comes up with jokes to soften stressful situations
- I think color coordination, sparkles and rainbows are underused