Diets on a Runway
A few days ago I was talking to a woman who was asking me about diets (shocker, I know) and wanted to know which one I would recommend. It sounded like she was trying to find an answer that would fit her and solve her eating dilemma. This got me thinking, why do so many of us want to find one solution in diets? Let's take a closer look on how runway can help us shed some light on our diet dilemmas.
This weekend I decided to spend some time looking at the latest issue of French Glamour Magazine to find what fashion trends I want to incorporate this summer. There were so many to choose from: color blocking, white lace, soft pastels and neutrals. There were solids and prints, mini shorts and elegant maxi skirts, there were flowing, fluid fabrics and fun edgy looks. Gotta love fashion, right?
Usually one's decision on the trend will depend on their height, weight, skin tone, body type and personality. Then, one has to consider which are the best body parts to show off, what mood the person is in, what occasion to dress for, what the weather outside is like, etc. There are so many factors that influence our decisions with fashion and we often don't stick to just one look for the entire season, not to mention our entire lives. One day I may wear a white lace skirt and the next day I will be in the mood for bright solids. It depends. I think those two words are key when it comes to fashion and food.
It depends. Most of us follow our instinct when we choose what to wear, so why not do the same when it comes to food? Sure, I love to incorporate Ayurveda and Blood Type principles when deciding how to eat, but that's where flexibility and ability to mix and match comes in. For example, if you know certain looks are better suited for your body, you are most likely to stick to those principles, but still there can be flexibility in your day-to-day outfits. Same with food. If you know you have a Vata Dosha and a B Blood Type, then you know some foods will be better for you than others. Make your choices according to your bio-idviduality and then tailor them to a specific day, season, occasion, etc. Don't feel like you are obligated to have the same food day in and day out. You wouldn't with clothes, right?
I hope this blog encourages you to look at food just like you do at the runway fashion and follow your inner instinct. Listen to your body and see how different foods affect you. Just like we experiment with clothes, do the same with food. Yes, you may learn that some foods are not so good for you, but don't give yourself a hard time and don't feel guilty for indulging. After all, if you made a fashion faux-pas, would you feel like a failure and decide to make the same mistakes again? Be gentle with yourself and enjoy the process of learning about new foods!
Leave a Reply.
Why ask me?
- After many challenges and different crazy life experiences I am living my dream life and since my friends say I am pretty wisdomous and I think I am a little bit funny too, I want to share my life approach with you so you can live the life you love as well.
Here is a little bit about me:
- I am a creator of #1 Best Diet as selected by Harpers Baazar Magazine
- I started my career in the corporate world and didn't even know how to peel a shallot
- I have been a chef for celebrities for over 10 years
- I have a realistic approach to food and life
- I have a great relationship with food and can even let chocolate go bad because I simply forget I have it at home (something I wasn't able to do 10 years ago)
- I eat carbs whenever I feel like it without any guilt
- I used to hate to cook and now absolutely love being a private chef and a food relationship coach
- I wear whatever clothes I desire no matter what everyone is wearing or thinking
- I am in good shape and my body’s biological age is 13 years younger than the one in my passport
- I have experience being super poor, super wealthy and in between
- I’ve worked in corporate world and am now an entrepreneur
- I was married and divorced
- I used to cry going to work because I was so miserable with my boss
- I’ve had an emotional eating disorder
- I moved from Russia to USA alone at the age of 15
- I’ve lived in Russia, Europe and on both coasts of USA
- I have been super skinny and overweight
- I have been insecure and unhappy with reasons and secure and happy for no reason
- I used to wear glasses and healed my eyes with the power of thought and exercises
- I created "Couture Nutrition®" so you can have tailor-made solutions for your body and soul
- My brain usually comes up with jokes to soften stressful situations
- I think color coordination, sparkles and rainbows are underused