With the cold, rainy autumn days upon us, many of my clients are looking for warm comfort foods. If you are looking for an easy, healthy meal that is on the budget to warm up your day, then here is one of my favorite recipes. You can get all the ingredients in any grocery store.
1 Spaghetti Squash
1 Round Box of Laughing Cow Cheese (for vegans, use Nutritional Yeast)
1 Jar of Tomato Basil Marinara or Spaghetti Sauce (I prefer Amy's Organic, Low Sodium)
1 Package of Baby Bella Mushrooms (Optional)
Below are the directions for either using the oven or the microwave.
Use a microwave if you don't have more than 10 minutes to spend on making dinner. I am not a fan of microwaving, but it is better and faster than getting drive-thru takeout. If you do have more time, then use conventional oven at 350 degrees. I prefer to use the oven and while the food is cooking, I use that time to workout.
Step #1: Make a slit with knife in the squash and put the whole thing in the microwave for about 2 minutes. Carefully remove it and then cut length-wise in two halves. Scoop out the seeds and then place a wet paper towel on each half, facing up. Put back in the microwave for 6-7 minutes.
For Oven Users: Cook the whole squash for 10 minutes at 350 degrees, carefully remove (it will be very hot) then cut in two halves. Scoop out the seeds and then place a wet paper towel on each half, facing up. Bake for 45 minutes.
Step #2: While the squash is cooking, sauté mushrooms in the pan and then add tomato sauce and Laughing Cow cheese or Nutritional Yeast. Per 1 cup of squash, you will need about 1/2 cup of the sauce and 1 wedge (or 1 table spoon of Nutritional yeast).
Step #3: When the squash is cooked, scoop it out with a large metal spoon and add to the ingredients in the pan. Mix well and serve. Garnish with fresh parsley.
9/25/2012 08:47:14 pm
Hello, I love reading your blog. It is really very impressive. I want to leave a comment in your support. Carry on with good continuation. Best of luck for your blogging efforts.
Leave a Reply.
Why ask me?
- After many challenges and different crazy life experiences I am living my dream life and since my friends say I am pretty wisdomous and I think I am a little bit funny too, I want to share my life approach with you so you can live the life you love as well.
Here is a little bit about me:
- I am a creator of #1 Best Diet as selected by Harpers Baazar Magazine
- I started my career in the corporate world and didn't even know how to peel a shallot
- I have been a chef for celebrities for over 10 years
- I have a realistic approach to food and life
- I have a great relationship with food and can even let chocolate go bad because I simply forget I have it at home (something I wasn't able to do 10 years ago)
- I eat carbs whenever I feel like it without any guilt
- I used to hate to cook and now absolutely love being a private chef and a food relationship coach
- I wear whatever clothes I desire no matter what everyone is wearing or thinking
- I am in good shape and my body’s biological age is 13 years younger than the one in my passport
- I have experience being super poor, super wealthy and in between
- I’ve worked in corporate world and am now an entrepreneur
- I was married and divorced
- I used to cry going to work because I was so miserable with my boss
- I’ve had an emotional eating disorder
- I moved from Russia to USA alone at the age of 15
- I’ve lived in Russia, Europe and on both coasts of USA
- I have been super skinny and overweight
- I have been insecure and unhappy with reasons and secure and happy for no reason
- I used to wear glasses and healed my eyes with the power of thought and exercises
- I created "Couture Nutrition®" so you can have tailor-made solutions for your body and soul
- My brain usually comes up with jokes to soften stressful situations
- I think color coordination, sparkles and rainbows are underused