A little Naughty, But Mostly Nice Holiday Drinks
One of the things I often hear from clients is that they don’t want to give up their wine or other alcoholic beverages. I am a big believer in balance and sometimes that may mean having a drink, especially when you are celebrating the holidays with your family and friends. To get the most value out of your alcoholic beverages, take a look at my tips and recipes for healthier versions of classic favorites:
BEST DRINKS TO HAVE AT A PARTY:
Organic/Sustainable White Wine or Rose – one 5oz glass contains 120 calories. I love Alie Rose by Fresconbaldi. This winery is committed to sustainable agriculture and environmental preservation, which is crucial right now at the time of global warming. I will cheer to that! https://en.frescobaldi.com/wines/alie/
Organic/Sustainable Red Wine – red wine has the highest level of antioxidants and resveratrol, which has shown to have some heart-healthy benefits. One 5oz glass contains only 100 calories. Try Avignonesi brand – the owner that created this organic winery is committed to only use sustainable and bio-dynamic practices. These wines are available at Total Wine and More. https://avignonesi.it/en
Champagne/Sparking Wine/Prosecco – each glass is usually 4 oz and has 80-90 calories. Try Bisol Jeio Prosecco Brut – it has 11% of alcohol and about 2 grams of sugar per glass. http://www.jeio.it
Pineapple Vodka Cocktail – Craving a mixed Vodka drink? Mix healthy green juices with vodka for a balanced mixed drink.
3 ounces pineapple-based green juice like BluePrint Pineapple Apple Mint, available at Whole Foods Market.
1 ounce Vodka
Fresh wedges of pineapple
Mix ingredients in a glass with ice. Decorate with a wedge of pineapple.
Vegan Egg Nog – When you are in the mood for an old-fashioned egg not, try this cholesterol-free recipe that will give you all the flavor as well as extra protein and fiber that a traditional drink won’t.
Blend all ingredients until smooth in a high-speed blender. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply.
Why ask me?
- After many challenges and different crazy life experiences I am living my dream life and since my friends say I am pretty wisdomous and I think I am a little bit funny too, I want to share my life approach with you so you can live the life you love as well.
Here is a little bit about me:
- I am a creator of #1 Best Diet as selected by Harpers Baazar Magazine
- I started my career in the corporate world and didn't even know how to peel a shallot
- I have been a chef for celebrities for over 10 years
- I have a realistic approach to food and life
- I have a great relationship with food and can even let chocolate go bad because I simply forget I have it at home (something I wasn't able to do 10 years ago)
- I eat carbs whenever I feel like it without any guilt
- I used to hate to cook and now absolutely love being a private chef and a food relationship coach
- I wear whatever clothes I desire no matter what everyone is wearing or thinking
- I am in good shape and my body’s biological age is 13 years younger than the one in my passport
- I have experience being super poor, super wealthy and in between
- I’ve worked in corporate world and am now an entrepreneur
- I was married and divorced
- I used to cry going to work because I was so miserable with my boss
- I’ve had an emotional eating disorder
- I moved from Russia to USA alone at the age of 15
- I’ve lived in Russia, Europe and on both coasts of USA
- I have been super skinny and overweight
- I have been insecure and unhappy with reasons and secure and happy for no reason
- I used to wear glasses and healed my eyes with the power of thought and exercises
- I created "Couture Nutrition®" so you can have tailor-made solutions for your body and soul
- My brain usually comes up with jokes to soften stressful situations
- I think color coordination, sparkles and rainbows are underused