I get a lot of questions about easy ways to help you detox and also can assist in reducing cellulite. It this blog I want to share a trick that I use every single day in the morning.
Let me introduce you to the Lymphatic Dry Skin Massage!
Did you know that your lymphatic fluid makes up about 75% of the total fluid in your body, while blood is only 25%. Think of your lymph system as your sewage that removes the waste on the cellular level.
As your body goes through deep detoxication inside your tissue every night while you sleep, you can help your lymphatic system move that waste out with dry skin brushing. This process can help stimulate your main lymph nodes that are located behind your knees, under your arms, in your neck and in your stomach.
The most important thing about dry skin brushing is the direction – moving from your toes, brush your legs upward towards your torso, stroking each area 3-5 times. After your legs, brush your arms - start from your fingers and move in the direction of you shoulders.
Lastly, brush your neck and shoulders, followed by your stomach, which should be brushed in a clock-wise direction. Don’t hurt yourself pressing too hard, but know that seeing you skin get more pink is a good sign – you are increasing fluid flow in your body!
The key here is to move the lymph in the direction of your kidneys that are responsible for regulating fluid. A common misconception is in moving the lymph in the direction of your heart. That is not correct because your heart is a pump for your blood, not your lymph. As the matter of fact, there is no pump for your lymph, that is why it is best to exercise your body daily, do light jumps and stimulate the lymph with dry skin brushing.
Here is how I incorporate dry skin brushing into my day. My usual morning routine is drinking about 24 oz of plain water or hot water, the do the lymph dry skin brushing followed by oil massage. Then I take a light shower, which I always finish with a cold-water rinse, and move on with my day. After the shower I drink coconut water with blue-green algae and then I usually have a superfood smoothie.
Leave a Reply.
Why ask me?
- After many challenges and different crazy life experiences I am living my dream life and since my friends say I am pretty wisdomous and I think I am a little bit funny too, I want to share my life approach with you so you can live the life you love as well.
Here is a little bit about me:
- I am a creator of #1 Best Diet as selected by Harpers Baazar Magazine
- I started my career in the corporate world and didn't even know how to peel a shallot
- I have been a chef for celebrities for over 10 years
- I have a realistic approach to food and life
- I have a great relationship with food and can even let chocolate go bad because I simply forget I have it at home (something I wasn't able to do 10 years ago)
- I eat carbs whenever I feel like it without any guilt
- I used to hate to cook and now absolutely love being a private chef and a food relationship coach
- I wear whatever clothes I desire no matter what everyone is wearing or thinking
- I am in good shape and my body’s biological age is 13 years younger than the one in my passport
- I have experience being super poor, super wealthy and in between
- I’ve worked in corporate world and am now an entrepreneur
- I was married and divorced
- I used to cry going to work because I was so miserable with my boss
- I’ve had an emotional eating disorder
- I moved from Russia to USA alone at the age of 15
- I’ve lived in Russia, Europe and on both coasts of USA
- I have been super skinny and overweight
- I have been insecure and unhappy with reasons and secure and happy for no reason
- I used to wear glasses and healed my eyes with the power of thought and exercises
- I created "Couture Nutrition®" so you can have tailor-made solutions for your body and soul
- My brain usually comes up with jokes to soften stressful situations
- I think color coordination, sparkles and rainbows are underused