End your sugar cravings without any willpower. Learn how that works in shopping terms in this blog!
During one of my sessions in my 6-month and 4-month programs I work with my clients on ending their sugar cravings. Some of my clients look at me wide open eyes as if the concept of not having any cravings has never entered their minds before. "You must have such will-power," they say. In reality, it has nothing to do with will-power, but it does have to do with preventative actions. Let me explain that in shopping terms.
Imagine you are out of the house for the whole day and as dusk sets in, it gets cold outside. Unfortunately all you have on is a summer dress. In order to continue your evening, you need to find something that will keep you warm and you need to get that quickly. As you pass by a nearby store, you see a sweater in a display window. It may not be in your exact size, color or your budget. It may be even be made our of synthetic fibers and it may be bad quality, but you don't care. You need to warm up, so you buy it.
Now look at a different scenario. Imagine that you before you left your house that morning you decided to pack a sweater because you knew you will need to warm up later. In that case, you wouldn't be needing to buy something that is bad quality, just to satisfy the need. Your preventative action of remembering to look at the weather forecast and put a sweater in your bag solved the problem before it even occurred.
Same with food. Your cravings are simply your body's signals for more nutrition and energy that can easily be met with the right foods. For example, dark leafy greens are known for their exceptional power to supply your body with a plethora of nutrients you need. By incorporating greens into you diet early in the day, you give your body what it needs and then simply avoid craving sugar. No willpower necessary!
Now, I do want to say that we are all human and sometimes we forget. Yesterday was one of those days for me when I ate my breakfast and lunch without any greens. By the time I had dinner, it was too late. I didn't want to see greens at all and my body craved dessert that provides immediate energy.
At times like these I suggest you give in a little and have a sweet treat. Just try to make sure that it will fit into your 10% allowance of your 90-10 rule. (I will talk about 90-10 rule in another blog soon) But most importantly, don't feel guilty. Don't stress about it or shame yourself about giving in.
View eating dessert as "buying a necessary sweater on a cold day" and make a mental note to be better prepared next time. After all, if you keep buying poor-quality clothes simply out of immediate need, you will be broke and have a closet of full things you don't even love. Instead, buy things that fit your body and your budget and that will last a long time.
So, start off your day on the right note and eat foods that are high in nutrition, that will love your body back and will give you long-lasting energy. Doing that will automatically lead you to make decisions that will make you feel and look better. And yes, you will see a dramatic decrease in your cravings. That in turn will let you save up unused calories and get you into your skinny jeans in no time!
Leave a Reply.
Why ask me?
- After many challenges and different crazy life experiences I am living my dream life and since my friends say I am pretty wisdomous and I think I am a little bit funny too, I want to share my life approach with you so you can live the life you love as well.
Here is a little bit about me:
- I am a creator of #1 Best Diet as selected by Harpers Baazar Magazine
- I started my career in the corporate world and didn't even know how to peel a shallot
- I have been a chef for celebrities for over 10 years
- I have a realistic approach to food and life
- I have a great relationship with food and can even let chocolate go bad because I simply forget I have it at home (something I wasn't able to do 10 years ago)
- I eat carbs whenever I feel like it without any guilt
- I used to hate to cook and now absolutely love being a private chef and a food relationship coach
- I wear whatever clothes I desire no matter what everyone is wearing or thinking
- I am in good shape and my body’s biological age is 13 years younger than the one in my passport
- I have experience being super poor, super wealthy and in between
- I’ve worked in corporate world and am now an entrepreneur
- I was married and divorced
- I used to cry going to work because I was so miserable with my boss
- I’ve had an emotional eating disorder
- I moved from Russia to USA alone at the age of 15
- I’ve lived in Russia, Europe and on both coasts of USA
- I have been super skinny and overweight
- I have been insecure and unhappy with reasons and secure and happy for no reason
- I used to wear glasses and healed my eyes with the power of thought and exercises
- I created "Couture Nutrition®" so you can have tailor-made solutions for your body and soul
- My brain usually comes up with jokes to soften stressful situations
- I think color coordination, sparkles and rainbows are underused