June 1st can mean two things – beginning of summer travels and beginning of the hurricane season. To help you be prepared for both, I want to offer you my Z-tips for healthy foods to stock up on. They are great to take with you on the road, to the airport or to enjoy when you are at home without electricity.
Snacks to keep your hydrated
When flying, many people experience dry skin and slight swelling due to the cabin pressure and low humidity. To help you with that, I suggest bringing oranges and bananas on your flight. Their high potassium content will help you keep fluid in your body regulated and the vitamins and antioxidants can boost your immune system on crowded flights. Also, these fruits have a thick peel that makes them easy to transport and eat. If you are stocking up for a hurricane, these are great to have on hand as well since there is no hand-washing needed.
Get your greens on
Travel and tropical storms can be stressful and healthy dark leafy greens may be hard to find. If you find yourself needing a nutritional boost, I recommend stocking up on energy bars with greens. One of my favorite is the chocolate-covered Greens + CHIA bar that you can buy at Whole Foods on Glades Road or online. This bar has great flavor, it is full of immune-system boosting nutrients and it has chocolate! http://greensplus.com/index.php/cPath/84_186)
Fill up on Carbs
To get an energy boost and help you stay away from airport pretzels and potato chips, try the Mary’s Gone Crackers. They are my favorite-tasting brown rice crackers and they are full of good carbohydrates and healthy fats. Take the whole box or portion them out in Tupperware containers, and then pack in your carry-on luggage. If you are buying in bulk, try getting them at Costco to save yourself extra money.
To continue reading, click here
Leave a Reply.
Why ask me?
- After many challenges and different crazy life experiences I am living my dream life and since my friends say I am pretty wisdomous and I think I am a little bit funny too, I want to share my life approach with you so you can live the life you love as well.
Here is a little bit about me:
- I am a creator of #1 Best Diet as selected by Harpers Baazar Magazine
- I started my career in the corporate world and didn't even know how to peel a shallot
- I have been a chef for celebrities for over 10 years
- I have a realistic approach to food and life
- I have a great relationship with food and can even let chocolate go bad because I simply forget I have it at home (something I wasn't able to do 10 years ago)
- I eat carbs whenever I feel like it without any guilt
- I used to hate to cook and now absolutely love being a private chef and a food relationship coach
- I wear whatever clothes I desire no matter what everyone is wearing or thinking
- I am in good shape and my body’s biological age is 13 years younger than the one in my passport
- I have experience being super poor, super wealthy and in between
- I’ve worked in corporate world and am now an entrepreneur
- I was married and divorced
- I used to cry going to work because I was so miserable with my boss
- I’ve had an emotional eating disorder
- I moved from Russia to USA alone at the age of 15
- I’ve lived in Russia, Europe and on both coasts of USA
- I have been super skinny and overweight
- I have been insecure and unhappy with reasons and secure and happy for no reason
- I used to wear glasses and healed my eyes with the power of thought and exercises
- I created "Couture Nutrition®" so you can have tailor-made solutions for your body and soul
- My brain usually comes up with jokes to soften stressful situations
- I think color coordination, sparkles and rainbows are underused