I just spoke with a friend that asked me about ways to boost his energy. I thought that other people may have similar concerts, so I decided to share my advice in this blog.
If you are feeling lethargic and as a result experience sugar and caffeine cravings, then this blog is for you.
My number ONE favorite way to boost energy and fight fatigue is algae supplements. There are three types of algaes that I like – Spirulina, Chlorella and Blue-Green Algae. The main difference is in taste and personally I am team Chlorella as it has the mildest taste.
Algae is known as the oldest type of food on our planet and it contains large amounts of nutrients including:
Algae is great for:
• Building and purifying blood
• Helps boost the immune system and help promote healthy eyesight, hair and skin.
• Powerful energy booster due to its incredibly high nutrient concentration.
• Anti-aging effects on skin, hair and organs
• Stimulates stem cell release and movement, helping to regenerate damaged body tissue.
• Very absorbable to the body. Around 97% of the vitamins, minerals and enzymes found in blue-green algae are easily absorbed into the system. Most vitamin supplements are only 5-25% absorbable.
• Powerful detox effects allow us to rest easier, as they body does not have to work so hard to cleanse while we sleep.
• Weight reduction. Helps to balance food cravings.
The only DON’T with the algae, is – DON’T overdo it. Too much of a good thing can be too much and we urge you experiment with it in moderation. Start with a ½ a teaspoon (or 2 tablets) of one kind and see how you feel. You can either take it alone, blend with a smoothie or mix with coconut water.
If you have any medical issues, please check with your doctor before starting a new food/supplement as it can alter existing conditions. Algae can be a very powerful detoxifier, so please listen to your body and reduce the dose if you feel you detox symptoms are too strong.
Here is a simple green smoothie recipe to get you started. You can make a batch of 2-3 portions and drink it during the day as meal replacements or as snacks. My favorite way is to have a smoothie in the morning to start the day strong.
GREEN SMOOTHIE RECIPE
1 Frozen Ripe Banana
1 Cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
1 Cup Frozen Strawberries
½ Teaspoon Chlorella
½ Cup Fresh Spinach
½ Cup Water
Blend to a creamy consistency and enjoy!
One of the biggest challenges my clients face when they start working with me is discovering that deep inside them there is a voice that sabotages their successes. Somewhere deep inside there is a voice that keeps telling them that they are not good enough… Continue reading here.
One of my favorite Disney movies is Beauty and the Beast. Little girls from an early age are taught to look through the looks and love people for who they are. I think we all consciously try to do that. Except for one person. In my line of work I often see women who can't fall in love with themselves. Continue reading here.