Q: I have been doing my juice and smoothie cleanses, but I still feel so drained, always tired and moody. What can I do to feel better?
A: Even when you eat healthy food and drink your green juice, but have unhappy thoughts, get angry and are often moody, you are still unhealthy and need an emotional detox.
I decided to check with one of my best friends, Margie Mader, a licensed marriage and family therapist and national board certified hypnotherapist, who shared some of her tips and a powerful exercise to help you detox.
But first, how do you know you need an emotional cleanse? Here are top 3 signs:
1. You are snapping at people, they annoy you quickly and you are ready to kill them.
2. You feel drained and everything takes a lot of effort.
3. You may feel nauseous and tired.
Here is what Margie recommends you do to help you bring yourself back into your body and get rid of the toxic emotions:
1. Do a quick 5-10 minute meditation with Insight Timer or another app
2. Put your phone down and go outside to enjoy nature and be present with it. Take your shoes off and feel the grass if you can, that's a great way to ground yourself.
3. Use your 5 senses to name/notice you see all the things around you, listen and notice what you hear, notice what you are touching etc.
4. Do the exercise Margie walks me through on the video/podcast below. You can follow along and do it as many times as needed.
If you want to learn more about Margie, contact her at 954-876-8001 or via growandheal.com
She has over 25 years experience and is the owner of Growth and Healing Wellness Center. Her purpose is to help people connect to their best version of themselves.
Why ask me?
- After many challenges and different crazy life experiences I am living my dream life and since my friends say I am pretty wisdomous and I think I am a little bit funny too, I want to share my life approach with you so you can live the life you love as well.
Here is a little bit about me:
- I am a creator of #1 Best Diet as selected by Harpers Baazar Magazine
- I started my career in the corporate world and didn't even know how to peel a shallot
- I have been a chef for celebrities for over 10 years
- I have a realistic approach to food and life
- I have a great relationship with food and can even let chocolate go bad because I simply forget I have it at home (something I wasn't able to do 10 years ago)
- I eat carbs whenever I feel like it without any guilt
- I used to hate to cook and now absolutely love being a private chef and a food relationship coach
- I wear whatever clothes I desire no matter what everyone is wearing or thinking
- I am in good shape and my body’s biological age is 13 years younger than the one in my passport
- I have experience being super poor, super wealthy and in between
- I’ve worked in corporate world and am now an entrepreneur
- I was married and divorced
- I used to cry going to work because I was so miserable with my boss
- I’ve had an emotional eating disorder
- I moved from Russia to USA alone at the age of 15
- I’ve lived in Russia, Europe and on both coasts of USA
- I have been super skinny and overweight
- I have been insecure and unhappy with reasons and secure and happy for no reason
- I used to wear glasses and healed my eyes with the power of thought and exercises
- I created "Couture Nutrition®" so you can have tailor-made solutions for your body and soul
- My brain usually comes up with jokes to soften stressful situations
- I think color coordination, sparkles and rainbows are underused