Today I found myself craving a chocolate chip oatmeal cookie. As I was purchasing ingredients for a meal I was making for my client and was already at Whole Foods, I headed to their bakery department. As I was about to pick up my treat, I decided to take a look at the ingredients. Whoa! I was surprised by how many ingredients this simple goody had and quite frankly my mood has changed. I no longer wanted this cookie. Yet, the craving was still there. So, what's a girl to do?
I was still craving the crunchy oats, the sweet and salty flavors, the gooey chocolate chips, so I decided to make my own version of the cookie. But since I wanted instant gratification, I didn't want to bake one. Besides, who has the time during the a busy day? Below you will find the ingredients and direction for what I created. It actually turned very yummy!
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Un-Cookie
1/2 Cup Rolled Oats
2 Teaspoons of Hot Water
1 Teaspoon Honey (Full of important nutrients and the sweetner I like the best)
2 Teaspoons Flaxseed Oil (you will get essential Omega-3's)
A handful of cranberries (great vitamin C source)
1 Tablespoon of Walnuts (some more healthy Omega-3's)
A handful of dark chocolate-covered cocoa nibs (this chocolate treat has less sugar and has many anti-oxidants)
A dash of salt (I like PInk Himalayan Salt as it has minerals that help reduce bloating)
First I mixed the first two ingredients to soften up the oats. Second, I added honey and flaxseed oil and then mixed in the rest of ingredients. My un-cookie was softer than regular granola, but not mushy as an oatmeal would be, so I ate with a spoon. It definitely satisfied my craving and I think I will make it for breakfast sometime!
Why ask me?
- After many challenges and different crazy life experiences I am living my dream life and since my friends say I am pretty wisdomous and I think I am a little bit funny too, I want to share my life approach with you so you can live the life you love as well.
Here is a little bit about me:
- I am a creator of #1 Best Diet as selected by Harpers Baazar Magazine
- I started my career in the corporate world and didn't even know how to peel a shallot
- I have been a chef for celebrities for over 10 years
- I have a realistic approach to food and life
- I have a great relationship with food and can even let chocolate go bad because I simply forget I have it at home (something I wasn't able to do 10 years ago)
- I eat carbs whenever I feel like it without any guilt
- I used to hate to cook and now absolutely love being a private chef and a food relationship coach
- I wear whatever clothes I desire no matter what everyone is wearing or thinking
- I am in good shape and my body’s biological age is 13 years younger than the one in my passport
- I have experience being super poor, super wealthy and in between
- I’ve worked in corporate world and am now an entrepreneur
- I was married and divorced
- I used to cry going to work because I was so miserable with my boss
- I’ve had an emotional eating disorder
- I moved from Russia to USA alone at the age of 15
- I’ve lived in Russia, Europe and on both coasts of USA
- I have been super skinny and overweight
- I have been insecure and unhappy with reasons and secure and happy for no reason
- I used to wear glasses and healed my eyes with the power of thought and exercises
- I created "Couture Nutrition®" so you can have tailor-made solutions for your body and soul
- My brain usually comes up with jokes to soften stressful situations
- I think color coordination, sparkles and rainbows are underused