Have you ever eaten the entire piece cake on your plate even though you were full half-way? Or maybe even went for the seconds or thirds? I know it has happened to me many times and I am not alone in this. It is not uncommon for people to think: "What the heck. I was good all day. I might as well let go and eat what I want while I can." Sound familiar?
The funny thing is the same people can be very good at going to shop at their favorite stores with credit cards in hand and not buy 30 sweaters in one trip. Why is it that we can control ourselves with not going over the limit of our credit cards, but we can over eat?
I believe the answer is in the word "restricting." If you focus on holding yourself back, then that's all you can think of. The voice in your head keeps saying "don't do this" and "don't eat that." And when the voice points to something, then it's all we can think of. Usually there is no such a voice when you go to the store. That's because knowing our monetary budgets can become a second-nature to us. We simply had to learn it and then it became a habit. Now we just take them as part of life and indulge accordingly. No guilt or shame.
If you are struggling with overeating, but you are good with credit cards, then see what shopping behaviors you can apply towards food. Notice where your attention goes. See what emotions are moving you towards overeating. If it to indulge because you were restricting yourself all day, then stop the restriction part in the first place and allow your body to tell you what nutrition it really wants. Most importantly, realize that if you are the one with the power to control your spending, then you also have the power to find balance in your eating habits.
Leave a Reply.
Why ask me?
- After many challenges and different crazy life experiences I am living my dream life and since my friends say I am pretty wisdomous and I think I am a little bit funny too, I want to share my life approach with you so you can live the life you love as well.
Here is a little bit about me:
- I am a creator of #1 Best Diet as selected by Harpers Baazar Magazine
- I started my career in the corporate world and didn't even know how to peel a shallot
- I have been a chef for celebrities for over 10 years
- I have a realistic approach to food and life
- I have a great relationship with food and can even let chocolate go bad because I simply forget I have it at home (something I wasn't able to do 10 years ago)
- I eat carbs whenever I feel like it without any guilt
- I used to hate to cook and now absolutely love being a private chef and a food relationship coach
- I wear whatever clothes I desire no matter what everyone is wearing or thinking
- I am in good shape and my body’s biological age is 13 years younger than the one in my passport
- I have experience being super poor, super wealthy and in between
- I’ve worked in corporate world and am now an entrepreneur
- I was married and divorced
- I used to cry going to work because I was so miserable with my boss
- I’ve had an emotional eating disorder
- I moved from Russia to USA alone at the age of 15
- I’ve lived in Russia, Europe and on both coasts of USA
- I have been super skinny and overweight
- I have been insecure and unhappy with reasons and secure and happy for no reason
- I used to wear glasses and healed my eyes with the power of thought and exercises
- I created "Couture Nutrition®" so you can have tailor-made solutions for your body and soul
- My brain usually comes up with jokes to soften stressful situations
- I think color coordination, sparkles and rainbows are underused