Yesterday I was chatting with a woman who is interested in losing weight, when she said that she doesn't have the willpower to stick to a healthy lifestyle. However, about 30 minutes after our conversation she decided to go for a smoke. This made me smile because she actually just demonstrated very strong willpower.
Let me explain. Often times people tell me that I must have a strong willpower and discipline to eat healthy. But it really doesn't take more willpower than smoking. Actually, smoking takes more. Just think about it: You need to always remember to buy cigarettes, make sure you have the lighter or the matches, switch cigarettes and matches when you switch purses and refill the matches and the lighter. You need to remember to smoke often enough and you also have to look for appropriate spaces to smoke, so that's a lot of effort. And cigarettes aren't cheap either. Smoking 2 packs a week will cost you a pair of Jimmy Choos! But why do people do it? Because they like the effect of smoking. It is simple as that.
The same applies to eating healthy and exercising. You eat right and exercise to stay healthy because it feels good. Because it lets you live longer. Because you get to have more energy so that you can do more things during the day. That's the motivation. But if you are looking to shed a few extra pounds just because you want to fit into a pair of skinny jeans, that may not be the motivation enough. You need to gig deeper and find that feeling you will get once you slim down.
So, if you are think you want to be healthy, but don't think you have the willpower, focus on the reasons behind wanting to be healthy. Find the worth of the health you want and follow your passion to getting it!
Why ask me?
- After many challenges and different crazy life experiences I am living my dream life and since my friends say I am pretty wisdomous and I think I am a little bit funny too, I want to share my life approach with you so you can live the life you love as well.
Here is a little bit about me:
- I am a creator of #1 Best Diet as selected by Harpers Baazar Magazine
- I started my career in the corporate world and didn't even know how to peel a shallot
- I have been a chef for celebrities for over 10 years
- I have a realistic approach to food and life
- I have a great relationship with food and can even let chocolate go bad because I simply forget I have it at home (something I wasn't able to do 10 years ago)
- I eat carbs whenever I feel like it without any guilt
- I used to hate to cook and now absolutely love being a private chef and a food relationship coach
- I wear whatever clothes I desire no matter what everyone is wearing or thinking
- I am in good shape and my body’s biological age is 13 years younger than the one in my passport
- I have experience being super poor, super wealthy and in between
- I’ve worked in corporate world and am now an entrepreneur
- I was married and divorced
- I used to cry going to work because I was so miserable with my boss
- I’ve had an emotional eating disorder
- I moved from Russia to USA alone at the age of 15
- I’ve lived in Russia, Europe and on both coasts of USA
- I have been super skinny and overweight
- I have been insecure and unhappy with reasons and secure and happy for no reason
- I used to wear glasses and healed my eyes with the power of thought and exercises
- I created "Couture Nutrition®" so you can have tailor-made solutions for your body and soul
- My brain usually comes up with jokes to soften stressful situations
- I think color coordination, sparkles and rainbows are underused