There comes a time in everyone's live when people start thinking about their health and wellness as an irreplaceable and most precious part of their being. For some, that moment comes from inspiration and for others it comes from an illness that casts a shadow on that person's life.
I had the privilege to read an advance copy of Jon Chandonnet's book - Shadow Summit - a memoir of Jon finding out that he had MS and his journey to healing. The book covers many details of Jon's life and builds rapport with the reader as he connects with everyday person who has their own struggles that may even originate in the childhood.
Now, I am a raw food chef and health coach. Why would he send me this book to review? What I loved about Jon's journey is the discovery of raw foods, wheatgrass shots and spiritual/emotional healing. It was the miracle of raw foods, which are full of enzymes and vitamins, that played a big role in his healing. It was letting go of conventional eating habits and false beliefs that played a big role in his illness.
I was happy Jon showed the challenges that he and his wife faced when learning about this way of eating and living. Many people may think that raw foods are "out there" and not for an everyone. So many men especially feel like raw food is "rabbit food" and is not manly enough. Well, guess what? The strongest animals like elephants and bulls eat this way and they have energy to blast through the day without getting tired. When Jon let go of old beliefs and gave these foods a chance, his body was able to heal and get its energy back.
I hope that Jon's story inspires others with similar health challenges to take an honest look at their food and emotions and try something new that they haven't tried before. I know that many people will be surprised how the body and mind shift and heal when you introduce yourself to the magic of raw foods!
Why ask me?
- After many challenges and different crazy life experiences I am living my dream life and since my friends say I am pretty wisdomous and I think I am a little bit funny too, I want to share my life approach with you so you can live the life you love as well.
Here is a little bit about me:
- I am a creator of #1 Best Diet as selected by Harpers Baazar Magazine
- I started my career in the corporate world and didn't even know how to peel a shallot
- I have been a chef for celebrities for over 10 years
- I have a realistic approach to food and life
- I have a great relationship with food and can even let chocolate go bad because I simply forget I have it at home (something I wasn't able to do 10 years ago)
- I eat carbs whenever I feel like it without any guilt
- I used to hate to cook and now absolutely love being a private chef and a food relationship coach
- I wear whatever clothes I desire no matter what everyone is wearing or thinking
- I am in good shape and my body’s biological age is 13 years younger than the one in my passport
- I have experience being super poor, super wealthy and in between
- I’ve worked in corporate world and am now an entrepreneur
- I was married and divorced
- I used to cry going to work because I was so miserable with my boss
- I’ve had an emotional eating disorder
- I moved from Russia to USA alone at the age of 15
- I’ve lived in Russia, Europe and on both coasts of USA
- I have been super skinny and overweight
- I have been insecure and unhappy with reasons and secure and happy for no reason
- I used to wear glasses and healed my eyes with the power of thought and exercises
- I created "Couture Nutrition®" so you can have tailor-made solutions for your body and soul
- My brain usually comes up with jokes to soften stressful situations
- I think color coordination, sparkles and rainbows are underused