Sustainable & Vegan Seafood
Q: Alina, I just watched the Seaspiracy documentary on Netflix and I am really grossed out with the seafood industry. Yet, I still want to eat fish, shrimp and all that yummy stuff. What do I do??
A: I totally get it. It's hard not to be moved by the movie and yet it's also hard to do something. Where do you even begin, right? Well, not to worry! I have a few ideas to share in this podcast and video.
After I recorded I realized I didn't answer what one can do if you choose to continue eating fish. What are the best options? So here are my answers to that:
SKIP: Tuna and Tilapia. Tuna has way too much mercury and tilapia is raised in horrible conditions and full of yucky stuff you don't want to eat.
SWAP: Choose organic farm-raised salmon instead of wild salmon. My current concern is the radiation and pollution in our oceans that are poisoning wild salmon, so I personally eat sustainably-raised organic salmon that was raised without antibiotics, hormones or added color.
To make sure I get my Omega-3's I eat flax seeds, chia seeds and walnuts. I also take Krill oil once in a while.
CHOOSE: Go for the small fish such as sardines. They are rich in Omega-3's and since they are tiny, they don't have a long life-span so they don't have time to accumulate junk in their tissues. Of course, please choose only from small sustainable fisheries and consume only when needed, not for entertainment.
BEST CHOICE: Plantbased salmon and other vegan options at GTFO It's Vegan They have amazing foods like the shrimp and salmon you can see on this photo.
For more ideas, stories and tips please watch the video or listen to the podcast. If you find it useful, please share with friends so together we can create a healthier, happier and better world!
10/17/2022 04:18:53 am
Hi! I love how informative and great your articles are. Can you recommend any other blogs that share blogs that share information on <a href="https://fandbrecipes.com/vegan-salmon/">Vegan Salmon</a> or vegan recipes in general? Thanks a lot!
Leave a Reply.
Why ask me?
- After many challenges and different crazy life experiences I am living my dream life and since my friends say I am pretty wisdomous and I think I am a little bit funny too, I want to share my life approach with you so you can live the life you love as well.
Here is a little bit about me:
- I am a creator of #1 Best Diet as selected by Harpers Baazar Magazine
- I started my career in the corporate world and didn't even know how to peel a shallot
- I have been a chef for celebrities for over 10 years
- I have a realistic approach to food and life
- I have a great relationship with food and can even let chocolate go bad because I simply forget I have it at home (something I wasn't able to do 10 years ago)
- I eat carbs whenever I feel like it without any guilt
- I used to hate to cook and now absolutely love being a private chef and a food relationship coach
- I wear whatever clothes I desire no matter what everyone is wearing or thinking
- I am in good shape and my body’s biological age is 13 years younger than the one in my passport
- I have experience being super poor, super wealthy and in between
- I’ve worked in corporate world and am now an entrepreneur
- I was married and divorced
- I used to cry going to work because I was so miserable with my boss
- I’ve had an emotional eating disorder
- I moved from Russia to USA alone at the age of 15
- I’ve lived in Russia, Europe and on both coasts of USA
- I have been super skinny and overweight
- I have been insecure and unhappy with reasons and secure and happy for no reason
- I used to wear glasses and healed my eyes with the power of thought and exercises
- I created "Couture Nutrition®" so you can have tailor-made solutions for your body and soul
- My brain usually comes up with jokes to soften stressful situations
- I think color coordination, sparkles and rainbows are underused