I am often asked to share tips for healthy eating on a very tight budget. On this week’s Green Goddess blog, I’ve listed my top five (very) cheap and healthy foods.
Perfect for: Breakfast
What's a serving? One to three bananas
Price per serving: One for 30 cents, or three for $1
What’s in it for you: Each banana has 100 calories, 12 percent of daily potassium and 20 percent of daily Vitamin B-6. Yes, bananas do have sugar and starch, but guess what? So do cereals, pop-tarts and even bagels! If you’re looking to do some carb-loading during the first part of the day, skip the processed sugars and go for nature’s sweet treat instead. If you want to slow down the sugar release, smear a few teaspoons of nut butter on the banana.
Perfect for: Side dishes, sandwiches (use cabbage leaves instead of bread), soups and stews.
What's a serving? One cup
Price per serving: 20 cents. You can get cabbage for $1 a pound.
What’s in it for you: 17 calories and two grams of fiber. Cabbage is excellent for liver support – our largest detox organ. When you liver is happy, you’ll have more energy, and your skin will boast a youthful glow.
Continue reading here.
Why ask me?
- After many challenges and different crazy life experiences I am living my dream life and since my friends say I am pretty wisdomous and I think I am a little bit funny too, I want to share my life approach with you so you can live the life you love as well.
Here is a little bit about me:
- I am a creator of #1 Best Diet as selected by Harpers Baazar Magazine
- I started my career in the corporate world and didn't even know how to peel a shallot
- I have been a chef for celebrities for over 10 years
- I have a realistic approach to food and life
- I have a great relationship with food and can even let chocolate go bad because I simply forget I have it at home (something I wasn't able to do 10 years ago)
- I eat carbs whenever I feel like it without any guilt
- I used to hate to cook and now absolutely love being a private chef and a food relationship coach
- I wear whatever clothes I desire no matter what everyone is wearing or thinking
- I am in good shape and my body’s biological age is 13 years younger than the one in my passport
- I have experience being super poor, super wealthy and in between
- I’ve worked in corporate world and am now an entrepreneur
- I was married and divorced
- I used to cry going to work because I was so miserable with my boss
- I’ve had an emotional eating disorder
- I moved from Russia to USA alone at the age of 15
- I’ve lived in Russia, Europe and on both coasts of USA
- I have been super skinny and overweight
- I have been insecure and unhappy with reasons and secure and happy for no reason
- I used to wear glasses and healed my eyes with the power of thought and exercises
- I created "Couture Nutrition®" so you can have tailor-made solutions for your body and soul
- My brain usually comes up with jokes to soften stressful situations
- I think color coordination, sparkles and rainbows are underused