WATER - DRINKING DO's AND DON'Ts
Did you know that we may often think that we are hungry when we are actually thirsty? Sometimes a simple large glass of water can curb your cravings, boost your metabolism and save you from overeating. While water is essential to our wellbeing, there are some water DO’s and DON’T’s that need to be addressed.
When it comes to figuring out how much water to drink, I advise to listen to your body and to look at your tongue. If you see you have any cracks in your tongue surface, then your system may need extra hydration. See how it feels to drink about 8 8-oz glasses a day and increase your water intake when you exercise. Best way to drink your water is BETWEEN meals and to drink you water hot or room temperature.
COLD WATER DON’T
Avoid drinking cold water before, during or after a meal. It can dampen your digestive fire and prevent you from absorbing important nutrients. It can also push the food out from your stomach faster, making you hungry sooner. Did you know that people who drank cold water after breakfast were hungry sooner than those who drank a hot beverage after eating?
WARM and HOT WATER DO
To help digestion, do drink warm or hot water before and after the meal as it can actually help your digestion. But be careful and not drink too much so you don’t dilute your digestive enzymes and prevent proper absorption. When your body gets the most amount of high-quality nutrients for the least amount of calories, you will crave less food and feel more energetic
METABOLISM BOOSTING WATER TIP
One of my favorite metabolism boosters is sipping plain hot water during the day. No lemon, no honey, no tea. Begin your day with 20 oz of hot/warm water and drink if before your reach for your morning coffee or breakfast. See how that feels. You may feel surprisingly refreshed without needing as much caffeine. Then sip on hot water all day long and you may find you have more energy and your cravings have gone away. Other possible benefits include clearer skin and brighter skin tone!
BOTTLED WATER DON’T
Bottled water is available in almost any convenient store, vending machine or gas station. Even though it is a better option to stay hydrated than soda, there can be a lot of chemicals found in plastic water bottles. The biggest issue with plastic bottles is the heat. While being transported from the source to the retail outlet, bottles get heated and plastic can leak out chemicals into the water. That process is often repeated when the water bottles are left in the warm car in the sun. When you choose that water, you also choose the chemicals.
BOTTLED WATER DO
To avoid chemicals from the plastic, I suggest buying glass water bottles. They are available by brands such as VOSS, Saratoga, Jana and Mountain Valley. My favorite brand is VOSS, as you can easily reuse their small bottles by washing them in the dishwasher and then refilling with the filtered or distilled water at home. Cases of these bottles are available at grocery stores or online. After all, we don’t drink wine from plastic bottles. So, why not show the same respect for water that nourishes our bodies on daily basis?
WATER FOR TRAVELING
When traveling or on-the-go, I recommend Water Bobbles or Brita Bottles – filtered, refillable water bottles that are available online, Publix and even at Office Depot. These bottles are light-weight and they can be taken through security at the airport. They come in different colors and make drinking water stylish!
FILTERED WATER DO
Filtered water is a good option to reduce chemicals and trace medicine that is currently found in local water supplies. You can either get a filtered pitcher, under-the-counter filter or an all-home unit, depending on your budget.
Chef Alina Z
1/25/2017 09:36:57 am
Jane, thank you for comment! I am so glad you enjoyed my post :) What other topics are you interested in learning?
7/20/2018 03:42:27 am
Benefits of drinking water should be known and apply in our lives which is an essential part of the human life. Research showed that optimal hydration reduces the risk of stroke, manages diabetes and guard against many kinds of cancers.
Leave a Reply.
Why ask me?
- After many challenges and different crazy life experiences I am living my dream life and since my friends say I am pretty wisdomous and I think I am a little bit funny too, I want to share my life approach with you so you can live the life you love as well.
Here is a little bit about me:
- I am a creator of #1 Best Diet as selected by Harpers Baazar Magazine
- I started my career in the corporate world and didn't even know how to peel a shallot
- I have been a chef for celebrities for over 10 years
- I have a realistic approach to food and life
- I have a great relationship with food and can even let chocolate go bad because I simply forget I have it at home (something I wasn't able to do 10 years ago)
- I eat carbs whenever I feel like it without any guilt
- I used to hate to cook and now absolutely love being a private chef and a food relationship coach
- I wear whatever clothes I desire no matter what everyone is wearing or thinking
- I am in good shape and my body’s biological age is 13 years younger than the one in my passport
- I have experience being super poor, super wealthy and in between
- I’ve worked in corporate world and am now an entrepreneur
- I was married and divorced
- I used to cry going to work because I was so miserable with my boss
- I’ve had an emotional eating disorder
- I moved from Russia to USA alone at the age of 15
- I’ve lived in Russia, Europe and on both coasts of USA
- I have been super skinny and overweight
- I have been insecure and unhappy with reasons and secure and happy for no reason
- I used to wear glasses and healed my eyes with the power of thought and exercises
- I created "Couture Nutrition®" so you can have tailor-made solutions for your body and soul
- My brain usually comes up with jokes to soften stressful situations
- I think color coordination, sparkles and rainbows are underused