WHAT TO EAT and WHEN TO EAT IT
Wouldn't be wonderful if someone had all the answers to "what should I eat?" and "when should I eat it?" Well, there is! Believe it or not, there is a person who can tell all the details on what you should be eating. And it is YOU!
Just this morning I craving an orange after a workout and I questioned my choice. Do I really need it? Shouldn't I have a power smoothie since fitness trainers suggest you eat something with protein? Wait, but other fitness trainers say not to eat anything at all, so your body can burn extra calories. OR, is it the other way around - you eat right away and then your burn calories? What??
I know that I am not the only one who has been bombarded with information on when to eat and what to eat. Magazines, TV shows, experts online and so many others all seem to have the answers and yet so many are conflicting.
I say - STOP LISTENING to the voices outside of yourself and listen to the voice INSIDE. It is like getting dressed in the morning. No magazine can tell you what to wear TODAY. Really. How does the editor know your mood right now? Will the editor know if it is below freezing in your hometown today or if it hot and humid? NO. Great editors make suggestions, share their favorite styles and inspire you to try different styles on. Then it is up to you what to wear and when to wear it.
With that in mind, I encourage you to pause every time you reach for a meal and ask yourself what you truly crave. Your body doesn't skip a beat, your eyes blink on their own and I am confident that when supplied with real food (organic, non-GMO), it can tell you what it wants to eat. I have seen amazing changes happen when people start questioning their physical cravings (emotional cravings need to be addressed on emotional level, not necessarily with food) and I encourage you to give more faith to YOURSELF.
I do want to point out that for those struggling with addictions or health issues, it is of course best to seek one-on-one professional help before trying something new. But never the less, don't disregard the infinite wisdom that YOU and YOUR body possess.
Leave a Reply.
Why ask me?
- After many challenges and different crazy life experiences I am living my dream life and since my friends say I am pretty wisdomous and I think I am a little bit funny too, I want to share my life approach with you so you can live the life you love as well.
Here is a little bit about me:
- I am a creator of #1 Best Diet as selected by Harpers Baazar Magazine
- I started my career in the corporate world and didn't even know how to peel a shallot
- I have been a chef for celebrities for over 10 years
- I have a realistic approach to food and life
- I have a great relationship with food and can even let chocolate go bad because I simply forget I have it at home (something I wasn't able to do 10 years ago)
- I eat carbs whenever I feel like it without any guilt
- I used to hate to cook and now absolutely love being a private chef and a food relationship coach
- I wear whatever clothes I desire no matter what everyone is wearing or thinking
- I am in good shape and my body’s biological age is 13 years younger than the one in my passport
- I have experience being super poor, super wealthy and in between
- I’ve worked in corporate world and am now an entrepreneur
- I was married and divorced
- I used to cry going to work because I was so miserable with my boss
- I’ve had an emotional eating disorder
- I moved from Russia to USA alone at the age of 15
- I’ve lived in Russia, Europe and on both coasts of USA
- I have been super skinny and overweight
- I have been insecure and unhappy with reasons and secure and happy for no reason
- I used to wear glasses and healed my eyes with the power of thought and exercises
- I created "Couture Nutrition®" so you can have tailor-made solutions for your body and soul
- My brain usually comes up with jokes to soften stressful situations
- I think color coordination, sparkles and rainbows are underused