I LOVE GREEN JUICE. There. I just said it. If you are wondering why, I have a few reasons:
1. It gives me lots of energy to last through the day
2. It has tons of nutrition to nourish my body (I don't want to bore you with the details on the nutritional content, but as a health counselor I know quite a few)
3. It eliminates cravings for coffee, chocolate or anything else sweet
4. It saves me calories that I would have spent on sweets, so weight loss is a good benefit
5. It saves me money that I would have spent on sweets, so I can buy other things
6. It takes 6 mins to make (including prep and clean-up). It's just as long as it takes to make coffee.
7. It costs about $2 (it did cost me about $5 for the first two months, since I bought a $200 juicer, still better than Starbucks!)
I think that's pretty good, right? So, the question is -- Why doesn't everyone drink green juice? The two answers I have heard are:
1. It is difficult and time consuming to make
2. It doesn't taste good!
To address the first point, refer to answer #6 as to why I love green juice. And as for the second point, think about this:
Do you drink Vodka and Tequila shots? Most people do.
Do they taste good? Of course not!
Why do people drink Vodka and Tequila shots? To feel good! Well... then here is your answer to why you should drink Green Juice -- To feel good! That and looking good will be a nice side-effect too after you make green juice a habit :)
But if you are still not convinced, ask yourself this: Do you like the taste of mixed drinks like Cosmopolitan Martinis and Margaritas? Most likely you do, because they are delicious! But... Their base is usually the yucky-tasting vodka or tequila! So, here is the answer to the green juice dilemma -- sweeten it up with your favorite fruit juice! No need to squeeze the fruit (it does take longer to clean up the pulp), just buy a bottle, add to the green drink and enjoy! Just make sure to drink it in the morning, so that you will set yourself up for the whole day on the right note.
It may take some time getting used to, just like most of us had to get used to the taste of alcohol and dark chocolate, but the results are worth the health and energy you deserve!
SIMPLE GREEN JUICE RECIPE
A few sprigs of parsley
1 stalk of celery
1/2 of cucumber
1 leaf of Kale
1 Romaine lettuce leaf
1/4 of an apple
1/4 cup orange or apple juice
Cheers to your health!
One of the biggest challenges my clients face when they start working with me is discovering that deep inside them there is a voice that sabotages their successes. Somewhere deep inside there is a voice that keeps telling them that they are not good enough… Continue reading here.
One of my favorite Disney movies is Beauty and the Beast. Little girls from an early age are taught to look through the looks and love people for who they are. I think we all consciously try to do that. Except for one person. In my line of work I often see women who can't fall in love with themselves. Continue reading here.