Q: Alina, can you share some easy ways to do a detox? I don't think I can do just juices or water, which I hear can be great. Do you have any ideas for things that are easier to make than a juice, maybe less expensive too? And also, I don't like cold foods too much. Anything you can do that's warm or hot?
A: Great questions and I have 3 recipes I can share that are eAZy to make and can satisfy your cravings for hot, cold and room temperature treats.
Q: Alina, I love rice, but I hear that it can make you fat because it has so many carbs and starch. It that true? What kind of rice is the best? I don't love brown rice or cauliflower rice and love white rice, but how can I eat it?
A: I am with you! I don't love brown rice to be honest and plain cauliflower rice is not my favorite either. But I figured out a solution and sharing this in the video.
Q: Alina, can you give me a recipe for an easy, quick, healthy and yummy dinner I can make for my family and not have to do much work? Also, I want something that has everything and isn't too low carb, so I am satisfied after. Specifically, can you share a recipe with potatoes.
A: Yey, of course! I LOVE creating recipes that help people have better lives, so here is one! I make a similar recipe for my clients and they love it. I hope you do as well.
Q: Alina, I have been reading a lot about the danger that bees are in and therefore our planet, so what can I personally do to help save the bees?
A: Yes, bees are definitely in danger but there are a few things each one of us can do and together we can make a big difference!
In this new podcast and video I share what I personally do to help our cause.
1. Go organic - with fruits, veggies, grains and meat. Bees are dying due to chemicals, herbacides and pesticides.
Q: Alina, I know you are all about green juices and healthy living, but I can't give up alcohol. Or actually, I don't want to give it up. Ha! Any advice on how I can keep it and still feel pretty good?
A: Great question! And if you know me in a social setting, you'd know that I am a big fan of sparkling wines and enjoy them every week or so.
Q: Hey Alina, do you have any advice on anti-aging treatments and foods? I know girls in their early 30's may not know much, but you seem wise, so thought I would ask.
A: Ha! Thanks for the compliment! While some people may think that I am in my early 30's or some even think late 20's, I am actually now in my 40's and up until last year I haven't had any skin care routine.
Of course, there is something to be said about genes, but also there is a lot to be said on what you do with those genes. There are some easy things that I have been doing for years that definitely helped looking and feeling youthful.
In this podcast and video I share my tips on how to keep looking young and yes, I even share about a procedure I have done and why.
Q: Alina, I just watched the Seaspiracy documentary on Netflix and I am really grossed out with the seafood industry. Yet, I still want to eat fish, shrimp and all that yummy stuff. What do I do??
A: I totally get it. It's hard not to be moved by the movie and yet it's also hard to do something. Where do you even begin, right? Well, not to worry! I have a few ideas to share in this podcast and video.
Q: What do you eat when you are super stressed? Do you suggest any supplements? What about comfort foods?
A: Such a great question and so timely!
Usually when we are stressed we seek two energies – numbing/heavy feeling or high energy/lightness.
In this video/podcast I show you what I eat/take/do to get both of those energies. Actually I have been under a lot of stress this last week (that's why I didn't post anything then) so this is actually a recap of what I have been doing.
Q: I know people say you should love yourself, but where do you actually begin? What are the practical steps? What do you actually you DO?
A: What a great question and I think I can help by sharing the two first steps that you can take on the road to self-loverville where you can find you happily ever after!
So where do you begin? This makes me think of the song (Where do I begin) Love Story song... Have you heard it before? If not, I recommend you listen/read them.
They are such awesome lyrics especially when you start singing them to yourself and realize that YOU are the love of your life (without the sad ending)! And if that feels crazy to you and yet you are excited about it, then stick with me here!
Q: I have been doing my juice and smoothie cleanses, but I still feel so drained, always tired and moody. What can I do to feel better?
A: Even when you eat healthy food and drink your green juice, but have unhappy thoughts, get angry and are often moody, you are still unhealthy and need an emotional detox.
I decided to check with one of my best friends, Margie Mader, a licensed marriage and family therapist and national board certified hypnotherapist, who shared some of her tips and a powerful exercise to help you detox.
But first, how do you know you need an emotional cleanse? Here are top 3 signs:
1. You are snapping at people, they annoy you quickly and you are ready to kill them.
2. You feel drained and everything takes a lot of effort.
3. You may feel nauseous and tired.
Here is what Margie recommends you do to help you bring yourself back into your body and get rid of the toxic emotions:
Why ask me?
- After many challenges and different crazy life experiences I am living my dream life and since my friends say I am pretty wisdomous and I think I am a little bit funny too, I want to share my life approach with you so you can live the life you love as well.
Here is a little bit about me:
- I am a creator of #1 Best Diet as selected by Harpers Baazar Magazine
- I started my career in the corporate world and didn't even know how to peel a shallot
- I have been a chef for celebrities for over 10 years
- I have a realistic approach to food and life
- I have a great relationship with food and can even let chocolate go bad because I simply forget I have it at home (something I wasn't able to do 10 years ago)
- I eat carbs whenever I feel like it without any guilt
- I used to hate to cook and now absolutely love being a private chef and a food relationship coach
- I wear whatever clothes I desire no matter what everyone is wearing or thinking
- I am in good shape and my body’s biological age is 13 years younger than the one in my passport
- I have experience being super poor, super wealthy and in between
- I’ve worked in corporate world and am now an entrepreneur
- I was married and divorced
- I used to cry going to work because I was so miserable with my boss
- I’ve had an emotional eating disorder
- I moved from Russia to USA alone at the age of 15
- I’ve lived in Russia, Europe and on both coasts of USA
- I have been super skinny and overweight
- I have been insecure and unhappy with reasons and secure and happy for no reason
- I used to wear glasses and healed my eyes with the power of thought and exercises
- I created "Couture Nutrition®" so you can have tailor-made solutions for your body and soul
- My brain usually comes up with jokes to soften stressful situations
- I think color coordination, sparkles and rainbows are underused