To celebrate the 4th Day of my 100 Day Self Love Affair and my day off from cooking for clients, so I took myself out to lunch. As anyone who would be deeply in love with me, I asked myself - "Sweetheart, what would you like for lunch today? How do you want to feel during and after the meal?" I felt like having a veggie curry with brown rice and so off I went to Lemongrass Asian Bistro.
I got a table outside and ordered the dish I was craving. Yes, it had fat. Yes, it had carbs. No, it wasn't raw or paleo. But it was what I wanted today and I knew that it had fresh ingredients that would nourish my body. And as I was waiting for my order to be made, I recorded the video below. But here is the main message I want to share with you.
I have seen many people say that they love themselves and that's why they eat all the candy, chocolates, cakes, pizzas, etc. that they want. In their eyes, they are loving themselves with the yummy foods. But is that really love? Is that really loving to stuff your body with foods that make you lethargic? With foods that make you gain weight? That make you uncomfortable to move? I am not talking about the esthetics of it either, I am talking about pure comfort and joy of life.
I personally don't feel that it would be loving if someone asked me to carry a 20-pound suitcase for them all day long. That's just not comfortable. But if food that you eat has caused you to gain that extra weight, I think that food is not really in love with you and that it may be time to break up with it.
I think having a one-night-stand with a chocolate cheesecake is ok, but to have a relationship with one will cause nothing but suffering, guilt and bloating. Instead, I want to inspire you to take yourself out and really talk to yourself. Get to know your real likes and dislikes. Ask yourself what is it that you truly want. Notice how you feel during and after the meal.
Then treat yourself accordingly and choose foods that make you feel good. Whether you want to feel energetic, grounded, alive or calm, there are many foods that will do the job while respecting your body. And if you still want dessert, have some, but in a way that loves you back.
I hope this blog inspires you to open yourself up to a new relationship with yourself and with food. It is time to fall in love with yourself, with foods that love you back and to let yourself blossom!
Please let me know how you are experimenting in this new love affair and how I can support you.
With lots of love,
Why ask me?
- After many challenges and different crazy life experiences I am living my dream life and since my friends say I am pretty wisdomous and I think I am a little bit funny too, I want to share my life approach with you so you can live the life you love as well.
Here is a little bit about me:
- I am a creator of #1 Best Diet as selected by Harpers Baazar Magazine
- I started my career in the corporate world and didn't even know how to peel a shallot
- I have been a chef for celebrities for over 10 years
- I have a realistic approach to food and life
- I have a great relationship with food and can even let chocolate go bad because I simply forget I have it at home (something I wasn't able to do 10 years ago)
- I eat carbs whenever I feel like it without any guilt
- I used to hate to cook and now absolutely love being a private chef and a food relationship coach
- I wear whatever clothes I desire no matter what everyone is wearing or thinking
- I am in good shape and my body’s biological age is 13 years younger than the one in my passport
- I have experience being super poor, super wealthy and in between
- I’ve worked in corporate world and am now an entrepreneur
- I was married and divorced
- I used to cry going to work because I was so miserable with my boss
- I’ve had an emotional eating disorder
- I moved from Russia to USA alone at the age of 15
- I’ve lived in Russia, Europe and on both coasts of USA
- I have been super skinny and overweight
- I have been insecure and unhappy with reasons and secure and happy for no reason
- I used to wear glasses and healed my eyes with the power of thought and exercises
- I created "Couture Nutrition®" so you can have tailor-made solutions for your body and soul
- My brain usually comes up with jokes to soften stressful situations
- I think color coordination, sparkles and rainbows are underused