Two days ago I went to hear Wayne Dyer speak about the Art of Manifestation. It was a great event and I enjoyed it tremendously. While there were many great points that he covered, I want to share one that I think will resonate with those who are great at buying what they want, but not manifesting new things in life. I will add a little bit to it, so not to take Wayne's idea completely, but the concept is exactly what I know to be true.
Imagine a non-English speaking foreigner who offers you a million dollars and takes you to the mall to spend it all. You walk over to a shop and see the ugliest pair of shoes you've ever seen. You stand in front of them and keep talking how ugly they are and how much you hate them. You keep complaining about them, only to see that the foreign millionaire is buying them for you. He can't tell if you are saying that you hate them or love. All he can recognize is that if you are spending a lot of time and energy on these shoes, then you must want it.
As you go by the mall, you notice that everything you pay a lot of attention to ends up in your shopping cart. After a while, the cart is full of things, some of which you love, buts lots of them you hate and you wonder why...
The same principle applies to life. The universe doesn't speak a particular language as it only communicates with us through our energy. Whatever we focus our energy on, we get more of. Yes, there are things that we don't like, but we won't be able to change some of them by complaining about them. And yes, we can take action and do something about the situation, but there are some things that we just have to allow to exist. We just have to let them be what they are.
However, we can change how we react to things that we have no control over as we can change our energy and its focus. Think about it... What's the use of complaining about something that you can't change anyway? On the other hand, if you focus your energy, time, thoughts, feelings, whatever you can, on what you want more of, I have no doubt in my mind that you can receive it. The trick is trusting the fact that if it worked for millions of people, it can work for you. So look at your energy as the money -- spend it only on those things you love... hmm... maybe a pair of hot new Valentino pumps?
Why ask me?
- After many challenges and different crazy life experiences I am living my dream life and since my friends say I am pretty wisdomous and I think I am a little bit funny too, I want to share my life approach with you so you can live the life you love as well.
Here is a little bit about me:
- I am a creator of #1 Best Diet as selected by Harpers Baazar Magazine
- I started my career in the corporate world and didn't even know how to peel a shallot
- I have been a chef for celebrities for over 10 years
- I have a realistic approach to food and life
- I have a great relationship with food and can even let chocolate go bad because I simply forget I have it at home (something I wasn't able to do 10 years ago)
- I eat carbs whenever I feel like it without any guilt
- I used to hate to cook and now absolutely love being a private chef and a food relationship coach
- I wear whatever clothes I desire no matter what everyone is wearing or thinking
- I am in good shape and my body’s biological age is 13 years younger than the one in my passport
- I have experience being super poor, super wealthy and in between
- I’ve worked in corporate world and am now an entrepreneur
- I was married and divorced
- I used to cry going to work because I was so miserable with my boss
- I’ve had an emotional eating disorder
- I moved from Russia to USA alone at the age of 15
- I’ve lived in Russia, Europe and on both coasts of USA
- I have been super skinny and overweight
- I have been insecure and unhappy with reasons and secure and happy for no reason
- I used to wear glasses and healed my eyes with the power of thought and exercises
- I created "Couture Nutrition®" so you can have tailor-made solutions for your body and soul
- My brain usually comes up with jokes to soften stressful situations
- I think color coordination, sparkles and rainbows are underused