Q: I know people say you should love yourself, but where do you actually begin? What are the practical steps? What do you actually you DO?
A: What a great question and I think I can help by sharing the two first steps that you can take on the road to self-loverville where you can find you happily ever after!
So where do you begin? This makes me think of the song (Where do I begin) Love Story song... Have you heard it before? If not, I recommend you listen/read them.
They are such awesome lyrics especially when you start singing them to yourself and realize that YOU are the love of your life (without the sad ending)! And if that feels crazy to you and yet you are excited about it, then stick with me here!
What I want you to do is two exercises daily:
First, get a journal with a pen, a mirror and a phone. Take the mirror and look at yourself, try to find 5 things you like/love about yourself. Write them down. If you have trouble finding them, write things your appreciate about your body – feet get you from point A to the fridge, hands can pet my dog, etc.
Take your phone and call your best friend. Ask him/her what they love about you. Write those things down. Chances are they love you for your awesome personality and not the size of your thighs, so this will get a new list going for you – what’s amazing about you as a person.
Now, re-read this list every day a few times a day, fall in like with your body, your soul and your mind. Imagine you just met and these are the things you discovered! Wouldn’t you bask in this awesomeness all day? So do just that.
Make a list of things that bring you pleasure and joy and do them for at least 1 minute a day, up to an hour if you can. As long as they don’t hurt you or anyone else, go for it. Stop and smell the roses, buy the roses, grow the roses, etc.
This is a sure way to fall in love with yourself – by acknowledging your awesomeness and then nourishing yourself with joy and pleasure.
If you need inspiration, watch my #100DaySelfLoveAffair on youtube.com/AlinaZshow where I did a video a day sharing my own journey – from going to the movie theater with myself to going on a romantic date and sitting a table for two as a party of one. And if I can do it, so can you!
But this is just a start. If you want to dive in deeper, message me and we can take it from there.
With lots of love,
Why ask me?
- After many challenges and different crazy life experiences I am living my dream life and since my friends say I am pretty wisdomous and I think I am a little bit funny too, I want to share my life approach with you so you can live the life you love as well.
Here is a little bit about me:
- I am a creator of #1 Best Diet as selected by Harpers Baazar Magazine
- I started my career in the corporate world and didn't even know how to peel a shallot
- I have been a chef for celebrities for over 10 years
- I have a realistic approach to food and life
- I have a great relationship with food and can even let chocolate go bad because I simply forget I have it at home (something I wasn't able to do 10 years ago)
- I eat carbs whenever I feel like it without any guilt
- I used to hate to cook and now absolutely love being a private chef and a food relationship coach
- I wear whatever clothes I desire no matter what everyone is wearing or thinking
- I am in good shape and my body’s biological age is 13 years younger than the one in my passport
- I have experience being super poor, super wealthy and in between
- I’ve worked in corporate world and am now an entrepreneur
- I was married and divorced
- I used to cry going to work because I was so miserable with my boss
- I’ve had an emotional eating disorder
- I moved from Russia to USA alone at the age of 15
- I’ve lived in Russia, Europe and on both coasts of USA
- I have been super skinny and overweight
- I have been insecure and unhappy with reasons and secure and happy for no reason
- I used to wear glasses and healed my eyes with the power of thought and exercises
- I created "Couture Nutrition®" so you can have tailor-made solutions for your body and soul
- My brain usually comes up with jokes to soften stressful situations
- I think color coordination, sparkles and rainbows are underused