HOW TO HAVE YOUR CAKE AND EAT IT TOO!
I will be the first one to admit that cutting out sugar and sweet foods is not fun. I love sweets and even when I learned how damaging processed sugars are, I was still resentful about giving them up. Fast-forward 4 years and here I am, enjoying all the desserts that I love.
How is that possible? The key to having your cake and eating it too is in the ingredients, or as I like to call them – foods that love you back! Just like you don’t want to have a relationship with a person who abuses you, why would you want to have a relationship with foods that makes you feel bad afterwards?
To find out if the dessert is good for you, ask yourself the following 2 questions:
- Can I read and understand every ingredient on the label? It is crucial to read labels, because even if something says “all natural” on the front, it may not be the case once you read the ingredients. Not all sweets are created equal and conventional ones can often be full of ingredients that are not even considered “food”. Rule of thumb: If you can’t pronounce them, how will your body know what to do with them? Your health is too important to sacrifice for a few minutes of taste. Don’t settle for less and choose foods that love you back.
- Is there any other benefit to this food besides its sweetness? Don’t settle for less. Choose foods that give you the biggest bang for your nutritional buck. Get sweets that have antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and enzymes that are naturally found in unprocessed and unheated foods. Do keep in mind that when foods are heated over 115 degrees, enzymes and vitamins can die. Anything that is considered “raw vegan” still has those nutrients intact and is a better choice than processed.
In this blog I want to introduce you to 3 healthy dessert companies that were started within the last 12 months by our local entrepreneurs. They are committed to bringing you the best tasting treats that are actually good for you. This way when you enjoy one of their desserts you are not only making yourself feel better, you are also supporting your own community. But don’t trust just my words. The proof is in the cake, the cookie and the truffle!
Continue reading here...
Why ask me?
- After many challenges and different crazy life experiences I am living my dream life and since my friends say I am pretty wisdomous and I think I am a little bit funny too, I want to share my life approach with you so you can live the life you love as well.
Here is a little bit about me:
- I am a creator of #1 Best Diet as selected by Harpers Baazar Magazine
- I started my career in the corporate world and didn't even know how to peel a shallot
- I have been a chef for celebrities for over 10 years
- I have a realistic approach to food and life
- I have a great relationship with food and can even let chocolate go bad because I simply forget I have it at home (something I wasn't able to do 10 years ago)
- I eat carbs whenever I feel like it without any guilt
- I used to hate to cook and now absolutely love being a private chef and a food relationship coach
- I wear whatever clothes I desire no matter what everyone is wearing or thinking
- I am in good shape and my body’s biological age is 13 years younger than the one in my passport
- I have experience being super poor, super wealthy and in between
- I’ve worked in corporate world and am now an entrepreneur
- I was married and divorced
- I used to cry going to work because I was so miserable with my boss
- I’ve had an emotional eating disorder
- I moved from Russia to USA alone at the age of 15
- I’ve lived in Russia, Europe and on both coasts of USA
- I have been super skinny and overweight
- I have been insecure and unhappy with reasons and secure and happy for no reason
- I used to wear glasses and healed my eyes with the power of thought and exercises
- I created "Couture Nutrition®" so you can have tailor-made solutions for your body and soul
- My brain usually comes up with jokes to soften stressful situations
- I think color coordination, sparkles and rainbows are underused