So, I have a confession to make. When I left for my month-long trip to Europe I was hoping to do videos and posts on how to eat healthy while traveling. I wanted to support my followers and share all the bits of wisdom as well as all the challenges that I'd face while way. However, my trip turned out to have a different lesson in it that I would like to share with you.
A few weeks ago I heard a great song that had the following lyrics...
"I love myself so much,
So I can love you so much,
So you can love you so much,
So you can start loving me."
Simple and straight-forward, this verse is repeated for the duration of a few minutes until you finally get the message - the only way to love other people is if you, yourself, are filled with love. Yes, it may sound simple when you say it for a period of time, however what I learned is that sometimes it's harder to actually practice self-love and self-acceptance.
During my trip I got to visit beautiful towns and villages in Italy and France, I got to eat delicious local produce and spend unlimited time hanging out with my mom. However, what I noticed was that sometimes when everything seemed at peace, my mind started to race and think of what I NEED to do to prove and justify that I deserved this peace. Deep inside I didn't feel like I deserved a long vacation and I needed to work. I realized there was still something in my mind that felt I needed to DO something to deserve happiness. If you have ever doubted your own self-worth, know that is natural for all of us and it's what you do with those thoughts that matters.
When those thoughts of doubt entered my mind I remembered that while fear may be lurking, it is up to me to listen to it or tune it out. Every time an unpleasant thought comes in, question it. Ask why is it there? What does it want to share with you? Listen to the answers and let them go. I believe that our minds are great tools to keep us safe and they always check up on us to make sure that we are doing the right things. However, thoughts can get a little over-bearing and in those cases, just thank them and carry on.
I also found another tip to help me remember self-love. I have a few pieces of jewelry that I really connected with and I made them my reminders - every time I look at them, I remember to check in with myself, remember to practice self-love and acceptance, stop proving my self-worth and relax. So, find a couple of rings, bracelets, necklaces or even shoes and make an association with them to remind you that you need to give yourself unconditional love and acceptance BEFORE you can share it others. So, why not wear fabulous things and have them help you remind you of love?
I have been practicing this technique for a month now and I am seeing that thoughts of doubt enter my mind less and less and I bring myself to a peaceful and relaxed state of mind more and more. Although, it is still work in progress I am now recharged and ready to love up my family, friends, clients, my blog followers and the entire world! The best part is that in a long-run, everyone wins and happiness can spread much quicker!
With all my love,
Why ask me?
- After many challenges and different crazy life experiences I am living my dream life and since my friends say I am pretty wisdomous and I think I am a little bit funny too, I want to share my life approach with you so you can live the life you love as well.
Here is a little bit about me:
- I am a creator of #1 Best Diet as selected by Harpers Baazar Magazine
- I started my career in the corporate world and didn't even know how to peel a shallot
- I have been a chef for celebrities for over 10 years
- I have a realistic approach to food and life
- I have a great relationship with food and can even let chocolate go bad because I simply forget I have it at home (something I wasn't able to do 10 years ago)
- I eat carbs whenever I feel like it without any guilt
- I used to hate to cook and now absolutely love being a private chef and a food relationship coach
- I wear whatever clothes I desire no matter what everyone is wearing or thinking
- I am in good shape and my body’s biological age is 13 years younger than the one in my passport
- I have experience being super poor, super wealthy and in between
- I’ve worked in corporate world and am now an entrepreneur
- I was married and divorced
- I used to cry going to work because I was so miserable with my boss
- I’ve had an emotional eating disorder
- I moved from Russia to USA alone at the age of 15
- I’ve lived in Russia, Europe and on both coasts of USA
- I have been super skinny and overweight
- I have been insecure and unhappy with reasons and secure and happy for no reason
- I used to wear glasses and healed my eyes with the power of thought and exercises
- I created "Couture Nutrition®" so you can have tailor-made solutions for your body and soul
- My brain usually comes up with jokes to soften stressful situations
- I think color coordination, sparkles and rainbows are underused