Now, in the “Withdrawals” column start listing all the things you did this week for others. It can be taking care of your kids or parents, doing a great job for your company, being a good listener for your friend, etc…” Once finished, write down all the things you did for yourself this week in the column “deposits.” How does your emotional “account” balance?
Imagine that you are handling your energy the same way you handle money and the way you shop. How can you buy something if you don’t have any deposits going in? What about your energy? In order for you to give, you need to receive. This poses another question – where are you receiving from? It can be either from taking time for your favorite hobby, playing your favorite sport, going out with friends, meditating, etc.
And now to take it even deeper – if you know what makes you happy, why aren’t you doing it more often? Chances are, you already know that taking 10-15 minutes out of your day to spend on your favorite activity is beneficial to your health, so why aren’t you doing it every day? Why is it that so many of us are more likely to do something for work for 15 minutes than to take a break and just breath?
I believe that the reason why we don’t give ourselves more “me time” is because we don’t experience as much joy as we do when we get validation from others. Imagine this for moment – what feels better: your friend saying how awesome you are or you taking a few deep breaths? I don’t think there is anything wrong with giving your energy out in exchange for making someone else feel happy. It does feel wonderful to do something good for others, however our physical bodies need love and attention as well and it is our responsibility to take good care of them.
I want to encourage you to take time for YOU. Really focus on loving yourself up by recharging your spirit and doing things that bring you pleasure. They don’t have to be long or extreme. Sometimes 15 minutes spent in silence or 5 minutes reading funny jokes can boost your energy level. Try something today and make it a habit to do something for YOU every single day. You will be amazed by the difference it makes in your life!
Why ask me?
- After many challenges and different crazy life experiences I am living my dream life and since my friends say I am pretty wisdomous and I think I am a little bit funny too, I want to share my life approach with you so you can live the life you love as well.
Here is a little bit about me:
- I am a creator of #1 Best Diet as selected by Harpers Baazar Magazine
- I started my career in the corporate world and didn't even know how to peel a shallot
- I have been a chef for celebrities for over 10 years
- I have a realistic approach to food and life
- I have a great relationship with food and can even let chocolate go bad because I simply forget I have it at home (something I wasn't able to do 10 years ago)
- I eat carbs whenever I feel like it without any guilt
- I used to hate to cook and now absolutely love being a private chef and a food relationship coach
- I wear whatever clothes I desire no matter what everyone is wearing or thinking
- I am in good shape and my body’s biological age is 13 years younger than the one in my passport
- I have experience being super poor, super wealthy and in between
- I’ve worked in corporate world and am now an entrepreneur
- I was married and divorced
- I used to cry going to work because I was so miserable with my boss
- I’ve had an emotional eating disorder
- I moved from Russia to USA alone at the age of 15
- I’ve lived in Russia, Europe and on both coasts of USA
- I have been super skinny and overweight
- I have been insecure and unhappy with reasons and secure and happy for no reason
- I used to wear glasses and healed my eyes with the power of thought and exercises
- I created "Couture Nutrition®" so you can have tailor-made solutions for your body and soul
- My brain usually comes up with jokes to soften stressful situations
- I think color coordination, sparkles and rainbows are underused