Breaking Up Is EASY To Do - How to end your sugar addiction & find your happily-ever-after!
This morning I was talking to a friend who is working on breaking up her addiction to sugar. As many of you probably know, that kind of an addiction is hard to let go. The sweetness of cupcakes and candy, the goowieness of brownies, the decadence of ice creams and pies, etc., brings us the euphoria we are often missing in our lives and gives us a moment of pleasure. How in the world can we ever let them go?
Personally I have been looking for an answer for quite some time. As a true believer in balance, I never deprived myself from having occasional sweets. But then I noticed something. Whenever I would indulge in the conventional version of my favorite treat, I couldn't stop eating it. The perfect combination of sugar, fat and salt physically took hold of my body and made me crave the treat until it was gone from my plate.
However, when I would have a healthier version of my favorite dessert, made with organic, whole-food ingredients and fruit-based sugars, I had control over my body and could stop eating when I felt satisfied. So something clicked. Yes, you can still have your cake and eat it too, but it has to be good-for-you.
If you are rolling your eyes right now and thinking that you will never give up your favorite conventional cheesecake or cupcake, think about this... Would you ever date a gorgeous guy or girl who was abusive? Who made you feel bad? Would it be hard to break up with that person? Most likely not.
Think of sugar that way -- a gorgeous person you want to look at, but not be with. We all want a fairy-tale ending where we end up happy. So, why not look at food that way? Searching for a better-for-you treat may take time, but I promise you, it will be worth it and you will have your happily-ever-after and a slim figure.
Leave a Reply.
Why ask me?
- After many challenges and different crazy life experiences I am living my dream life and since my friends say I am pretty wisdomous and I think I am a little bit funny too, I want to share my life approach with you so you can live the life you love as well.
Here is a little bit about me:
- I am a creator of #1 Best Diet as selected by Harpers Baazar Magazine
- I started my career in the corporate world and didn't even know how to peel a shallot
- I have been a chef for celebrities for over 10 years
- I have a realistic approach to food and life
- I have a great relationship with food and can even let chocolate go bad because I simply forget I have it at home (something I wasn't able to do 10 years ago)
- I eat carbs whenever I feel like it without any guilt
- I used to hate to cook and now absolutely love being a private chef and a food relationship coach
- I wear whatever clothes I desire no matter what everyone is wearing or thinking
- I am in good shape and my body’s biological age is 13 years younger than the one in my passport
- I have experience being super poor, super wealthy and in between
- I’ve worked in corporate world and am now an entrepreneur
- I was married and divorced
- I used to cry going to work because I was so miserable with my boss
- I’ve had an emotional eating disorder
- I moved from Russia to USA alone at the age of 15
- I’ve lived in Russia, Europe and on both coasts of USA
- I have been super skinny and overweight
- I have been insecure and unhappy with reasons and secure and happy for no reason
- I used to wear glasses and healed my eyes with the power of thought and exercises
- I created "Couture Nutrition®" so you can have tailor-made solutions for your body and soul
- My brain usually comes up with jokes to soften stressful situations
- I think color coordination, sparkles and rainbows are underused