Today I reached the 4-week mark of Sugar-Free Detox! No fruits, sweet veggies and of course no added or even artificial sweeteners. In the very beginning, it was a little challenging, but once I changed my approach to sugar and developed the following 3 Easy Steps To Kicking a Sugar Habit, it was smooth sailing!
In my experience with clients, I find two main reasons why people are addicted to sugar, for the physical high and the emotional high. First of all, on a physical level, sugar is known to be 4 times more addictive than cocaine, so people simply don't know how to cope without their daily sugar rush.
Second, many people are looking to experience sweetness in their lives on an emotional level. Because so many of us have busy schedules, we sometimes forget to focus on our emotional bodies. Consequently, we end up starved for happiness and become addicted to sweets for the emotional support they provide.
In order to end your battle with sugar once and for all, follow these 3 easy steps and start feeling better in no time!
1. Make a list of all the reasons why you want to kick your sugar habit. Write down how sugar makes you feel now and what life will be like once you don't have this addiction. Imagine releasing those extra pounds and fitting into your skinny jeans! Picture yourself having more energy to play with your kids, grandkids or pets.
2. Make a list of foods that you love to eat that don't have any sugar. Prepare them as decadent and delicious as you can. The point of the detox is not only to take the destructive sugar out, but to bring delicious and healthy foods in. During the last 4 weeks of NO sugar, I indulged in vegan quesadillas, vegan burgers, vegan pizza, Alaskan salmon with veggies and quinoa, kale chips, many Mexican dishes and my favorite buckwheat pancakes with red caviar. Yep, you can live decadently and be healthy! Truly fabulous food should make you look and feel fabulous, not flabby!
3. Make a list of activities that make you happy. My favorites include playing with my dog Snoop, shopping for fabulous clothes, burning my favorite Sweet Pea candles or smelling fresh flowers. The goal is to bring more sweetness into your life, without food. Remember when you fell in love? You weren't thinking about brownies and ice cream because your days were filled with the sweetness of amore. Now it is your turn to create that loving feeling and replace sugar with it.
Post these lists everywhere in your kitchen - they will help you avoid eating on impulse. And if you need help finding your Fabulous Foods and getting Nutrition and Emotional Support, I will be very happy to help you!
With much love,
Leave a Reply.
Why ask me?
- After many challenges and different crazy life experiences I am living my dream life and since my friends say I am pretty wisdomous and I think I am a little bit funny too, I want to share my life approach with you so you can live the life you love as well.
Here is a little bit about me:
- I am a creator of #1 Best Diet as selected by Harpers Baazar Magazine
- I started my career in the corporate world and didn't even know how to peel a shallot
- I have been a chef for celebrities for over 10 years
- I have a realistic approach to food and life
- I have a great relationship with food and can even let chocolate go bad because I simply forget I have it at home (something I wasn't able to do 10 years ago)
- I eat carbs whenever I feel like it without any guilt
- I used to hate to cook and now absolutely love being a private chef and a food relationship coach
- I wear whatever clothes I desire no matter what everyone is wearing or thinking
- I am in good shape and my body’s biological age is 13 years younger than the one in my passport
- I have experience being super poor, super wealthy and in between
- I’ve worked in corporate world and am now an entrepreneur
- I was married and divorced
- I used to cry going to work because I was so miserable with my boss
- I’ve had an emotional eating disorder
- I moved from Russia to USA alone at the age of 15
- I’ve lived in Russia, Europe and on both coasts of USA
- I have been super skinny and overweight
- I have been insecure and unhappy with reasons and secure and happy for no reason
- I used to wear glasses and healed my eyes with the power of thought and exercises
- I created "Couture Nutrition®" so you can have tailor-made solutions for your body and soul
- My brain usually comes up with jokes to soften stressful situations
- I think color coordination, sparkles and rainbows are underused