HEALTHIER ALTERNATIVES TO SODA
I remember when my mom brought Coca Cola from America to Russia for my 8th birthday. I have never seen canned drinks before and it was so cool to open one, then feel the bite of soda water in the back of my throat. We had soda drinks in Russia, but they weren't nearly as good as Coke was. And we now know why - it has the perfect combination of sugar, salt and fizz to get us asking for more.
Unfortunately conventional sodas like Coke, Sprite, etc are loaded with high fructose corn syrup and chemicals that can weaken our immune systems, cause acne, add extra pounds, elevate blood pressure and even cause diabetes.
If you find yourself craving a bubbly soda, here are my top Z-Tips for choosing the best options:
MY TOP Z-TIPS FOR SODA DRINKERS:
1. My 2 favorite sodas by far are La Croix & SpinDrift and I can't get enough of their grapefruit flavors. They has no sugar added and are simply divine! Sometimes I go crazy and mix the two! If you are in Coca Cola, check out La Croix Cola Flavored sodas.
2. 365 Brand Italian Sparkling Water in Raspberry-Lemon flavor. I love that this water comes in big glass bottles, so it is healthier for you and it tastes incredible even though it has zero calories and no sweeteners. The only thing I don't love about it is that it goes flat quickly if you don't drink it all. I wish they sold it in smaller bottles so it had that fizzy bite.
3. Zevia is another brand that's not too shabby. They do have stevia in it to sweeten the flavor, but personally I prefer no sweetener at all.
4. If you don't want to give up your Coca Cola and still want to indulge in the original, then I suggest doing just that - go for the original version with real sugar and no high fructose corn syrup. You can even try "Mexican" coke - coke that's made in Mexico and actually has cleaner ingredients! Also, stick to small 8-oz portions and keep your intake to a minimum. Do indulge if you must, but don't make it a daily habit if you want your body to keep strong!
FUN FACT: Did you know that Diet Coke is excellent for cleaning toilets! Yes, I would rather put in the toilet that in my body. In my opinion, anything that has aspartame and other artificial sweeteners belongs in the garbage - your body is too precious to be fed chemicals!
Share with me what your favorite comfort drinks and foods are.
Leave a Reply.
Why ask me?
- After many challenges and different crazy life experiences I am living my dream life and since my friends say I am pretty wisdomous and I think I am a little bit funny too, I want to share my life approach with you so you can live the life you love as well.
Here is a little bit about me:
- I am a creator of #1 Best Diet as selected by Harpers Baazar Magazine
- I started my career in the corporate world and didn't even know how to peel a shallot
- I have been a chef for celebrities for over 10 years
- I have a realistic approach to food and life
- I have a great relationship with food and can even let chocolate go bad because I simply forget I have it at home (something I wasn't able to do 10 years ago)
- I eat carbs whenever I feel like it without any guilt
- I used to hate to cook and now absolutely love being a private chef and a food relationship coach
- I wear whatever clothes I desire no matter what everyone is wearing or thinking
- I am in good shape and my body’s biological age is 13 years younger than the one in my passport
- I have experience being super poor, super wealthy and in between
- I’ve worked in corporate world and am now an entrepreneur
- I was married and divorced
- I used to cry going to work because I was so miserable with my boss
- I’ve had an emotional eating disorder
- I moved from Russia to USA alone at the age of 15
- I’ve lived in Russia, Europe and on both coasts of USA
- I have been super skinny and overweight
- I have been insecure and unhappy with reasons and secure and happy for no reason
- I used to wear glasses and healed my eyes with the power of thought and exercises
- I created "Couture Nutrition®" so you can have tailor-made solutions for your body and soul
- My brain usually comes up with jokes to soften stressful situations
- I think color coordination, sparkles and rainbows are underused