I LOVE GREEN JUICE. There. I just said it. If you are wondering why, I have a few reasons:
1. It gives me lots of energy to last through the day
2. It has tons of nutrition to nourish my body (I don't want to bore you with the details on the nutritional content, but as a health counselor I know quite a few)
3. It eliminates cravings for coffee, chocolate or anything else sweet
4. It saves me calories that I would have spent on sweets, so weight loss is a good benefit
5. It saves me money that I would have spent on sweets, so I can buy other things
6. It takes 6 mins to make (including prep and clean-up). It's just as long as it takes to make coffee.
7. It costs about $2 (it did cost me about $5 for the first two months, since I bought a $200 juicer, still better than Starbucks!)
I think that's pretty good, right? So, the question is -- Why doesn't everyone drink green juice? The two answers I have heard are:
1. It is difficult and time consuming to make
2. It doesn't taste good!
To address the first point, refer to answer #6 as to why I love green juice. And as for the second point, think about this:
Do you drink Vodka and Tequila shots? Most people do.
Do they taste good? Of course not!
Why do people drink Vodka and Tequila shots? To feel good! Well... then here is your answer to why you should drink Green Juice -- To feel good! That and looking good will be a nice side-effect too after you make green juice a habit :)
But if you are still not convinced, ask yourself this: Do you like the taste of mixed drinks like Cosmopolitan Martinis and Margaritas? Most likely you do, because they are delicious! But... Their base is usually the yucky-tasting vodka or tequila! So, here is the answer to the green juice dilemma -- sweeten it up with your favorite fruit juice! No need to squeeze the fruit (it does take longer to clean up the pulp), just buy a bottle, add to the green drink and enjoy! Just make sure to drink it in the morning, so that you will set yourself up for the whole day on the right note.
It may take some time getting used to, just like most of us had to get used to the taste of alcohol and dark chocolate, but the results are worth the health and energy you deserve!
SIMPLE GREEN JUICE RECIPE
A few sprigs of parsley
1 stalk of celery
1/2 of cucumber
1 leaf of Kale
1 Romaine lettuce leaf
1/4 of an apple
1/4 cup orange or apple juice
Cheers to your health!
1/30/2015 07:22:41 am
Adding bottled fruit juice totally defeats the purpose of the green juice and just adds added calories and refined sugar!! You have to juice the Orange yourself !
Leave a Reply.
Why ask me?
- After many challenges and different crazy life experiences I am living my dream life and since my friends say I am pretty wisdomous and I think I am a little bit funny too, I want to share my life approach with you so you can live the life you love as well.
Here is a little bit about me:
- I am a creator of #1 Best Diet as selected by Harpers Baazar Magazine
- I started my career in the corporate world and didn't even know how to peel a shallot
- I have been a chef for celebrities for over 10 years
- I have a realistic approach to food and life
- I have a great relationship with food and can even let chocolate go bad because I simply forget I have it at home (something I wasn't able to do 10 years ago)
- I eat carbs whenever I feel like it without any guilt
- I used to hate to cook and now absolutely love being a private chef and a food relationship coach
- I wear whatever clothes I desire no matter what everyone is wearing or thinking
- I am in good shape and my body’s biological age is 13 years younger than the one in my passport
- I have experience being super poor, super wealthy and in between
- I’ve worked in corporate world and am now an entrepreneur
- I was married and divorced
- I used to cry going to work because I was so miserable with my boss
- I’ve had an emotional eating disorder
- I moved from Russia to USA alone at the age of 15
- I’ve lived in Russia, Europe and on both coasts of USA
- I have been super skinny and overweight
- I have been insecure and unhappy with reasons and secure and happy for no reason
- I used to wear glasses and healed my eyes with the power of thought and exercises
- I created "Couture Nutrition®" so you can have tailor-made solutions for your body and soul
- My brain usually comes up with jokes to soften stressful situations
- I think color coordination, sparkles and rainbows are underused