Being a health coach, I have a vast knowledge of nutrition. I know which foods are empowering my body and which ones make it weaker. I know the benefits of certain foods and I know which ones to avoid. And yet a few days ago, I found myself second-guessing my own food choices. Intellectually, I knew I was eating the right things, but I wasn't feeling right.
I decided to talk to a friend of mine who is also a health coach to get an outside opinion. After chatting for a few minutes, my friend asked me two unexpected questions - am I eating food that my body wants or food my mind wants and most importantly, am I nurturing my body with my food choices?
After considering her questions and truly listening to my gut, I realized that I wasn't giving my body enough of the healthy fats that it needed. With so much going on in my life, I didn't even acknowledge the weather changes which affected my nutritional needs. Just like I help my clients with my health coaching services, I also needed a coach to remind me to slow down and listen to myself.
As seasons change, so do the needs of our bodies. I do love my fruits, but I find that seasonal and local foods love my body more. When the weather cools down, I need foods that are higher in protein, such as beans, bean sprouts, grains and even a little bit of organic, wild-caught fish and local farm eggs from humanely-raised chickens. That's what really nurtures me and I am sticking to that.
Just like with fashion, sometimes you feel like wearing a bright red dress while other days you may lean towards muted colors. Life is always in motion and always changing, and so we must follow. But one rule always stays the same - keep nurturing your body! It deserves to be radiant and energetic.
I urge you to listen to your gut and learn which foods nurture you. If your meal gives you energy that lasts for hours without making you crash or crave sugar or coffee, then that's the right food for you. If food makes you tired, then you are either eating the wrong food or the wrong portion. Keep playing with it until you find your own perfect balance. But beware; your perfect meal today may not be perfect for you in a few months or even days. Let yourself blossom!
Why ask me?
- After many challenges and different crazy life experiences I am living my dream life and since my friends say I am pretty wisdomous and I think I am a little bit funny too, I want to share my life approach with you so you can live the life you love as well.
Here is a little bit about me:
- I am a creator of #1 Best Diet as selected by Harpers Baazar Magazine
- I started my career in the corporate world and didn't even know how to peel a shallot
- I have been a chef for celebrities for over 10 years
- I have a realistic approach to food and life
- I have a great relationship with food and can even let chocolate go bad because I simply forget I have it at home (something I wasn't able to do 10 years ago)
- I eat carbs whenever I feel like it without any guilt
- I used to hate to cook and now absolutely love being a private chef and a food relationship coach
- I wear whatever clothes I desire no matter what everyone is wearing or thinking
- I am in good shape and my body’s biological age is 13 years younger than the one in my passport
- I have experience being super poor, super wealthy and in between
- I’ve worked in corporate world and am now an entrepreneur
- I was married and divorced
- I used to cry going to work because I was so miserable with my boss
- I’ve had an emotional eating disorder
- I moved from Russia to USA alone at the age of 15
- I’ve lived in Russia, Europe and on both coasts of USA
- I have been super skinny and overweight
- I have been insecure and unhappy with reasons and secure and happy for no reason
- I used to wear glasses and healed my eyes with the power of thought and exercises
- I created "Couture Nutrition®" so you can have tailor-made solutions for your body and soul
- My brain usually comes up with jokes to soften stressful situations
- I think color coordination, sparkles and rainbows are underused