I decided to follow one of my big passions and do MAKEOVERS! But not just fashion makeovers, food makeovers!!!
This week we are talking SLOPPY JOES by Rachel Ray. They are yummo, but the ingredients in it are yucko! Here is the link to the original one.
Here is my SLOPPY JOES that LOVE YOUR BODY, made-over:
1 tablespoon Grapeseed Oil
1 package of Beyond Meat Beefy Crumbles
1/4 cup coconut sugar
2 teaspoons to 1 tablespoon organic steak seasoning blend
1 medium onion, chopped
1 small red bell pepper, chopped
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon organic vegan Worcestershire sauce by Edwards and Sons
2 cups organic tomato sauce
2 tablespoons tomato paste
4 crusty rolls, split, toasted - by DeLand
Here are the main things I want you to eliminate from this recipe and here is why:
Olive oil can get toxic when heated, so I only use grapeseed oil. Coconut oil can also work, but it has a strong scent.
Regular meat can constipate you (if you don't go to the bathroom 2-3 times a day, then you are most-likely constipated), it can cause break outs and can cause you to gain weight. And if the meat is not organic, you can rest assured it is most likely pumped with steroids, hormones and antibiotics that can create a mess in your body! Yucko!
McCormick Steak Seasonings says: Spices (Including Black Pepper And Red Pepper), Garlic, Sunflower Oil, Natural Flavor... ummm... spices "Including the pepper" but what are the others? What is exactly a "natural flavor"?? If you don't know what's in your food, why eat it?
Regular buns - regular, store-bought bread can be filled with chemicals and additives that your body has to work really hard on to eliminate. (why give your body extra work??) and non-organic gluten grains in the US are usually loaded with pesticides that cause American waist-lines to expand. So, skip that crap and either go for organic bread, if you don't have a gluten sensitivity or go for gluten-free.
So, there you go! Let me know if you have any questions and what your favorite recipes you would like me to make over :)
Why ask me?
- After many challenges and different crazy life experiences I am living my dream life and since my friends say I am pretty wisdomous and I think I am a little bit funny too, I want to share my life approach with you so you can live the life you love as well.
Here is a little bit about me:
- I am a creator of #1 Best Diet as selected by Harpers Baazar Magazine
- I started my career in the corporate world and didn't even know how to peel a shallot
- I have been a chef for celebrities for over 10 years
- I have a realistic approach to food and life
- I have a great relationship with food and can even let chocolate go bad because I simply forget I have it at home (something I wasn't able to do 10 years ago)
- I eat carbs whenever I feel like it without any guilt
- I used to hate to cook and now absolutely love being a private chef and a food relationship coach
- I wear whatever clothes I desire no matter what everyone is wearing or thinking
- I am in good shape and my body’s biological age is 13 years younger than the one in my passport
- I have experience being super poor, super wealthy and in between
- I’ve worked in corporate world and am now an entrepreneur
- I was married and divorced
- I used to cry going to work because I was so miserable with my boss
- I’ve had an emotional eating disorder
- I moved from Russia to USA alone at the age of 15
- I’ve lived in Russia, Europe and on both coasts of USA
- I have been super skinny and overweight
- I have been insecure and unhappy with reasons and secure and happy for no reason
- I used to wear glasses and healed my eyes with the power of thought and exercises
- I created "Couture Nutrition®" so you can have tailor-made solutions for your body and soul
- My brain usually comes up with jokes to soften stressful situations
- I think color coordination, sparkles and rainbows are underused