I often hear that people want to increase their metabolism, but for many people it is actually better to slow it down. First of all, why do you want to have a fast metabolism? You are probably thinking that if it is fast, then you can lose those extra pounds. But what if you can get rid of them permanently by slowing down your metabolism, changing your lifestyle and as a side effect actually becoming happier?
Imagine you just bought a beautiful Ferrari. Would you be taking it out every day to run your errands? Would you be driving it as much as possible? Would you be putting extra miles on and shorting its lifespan or would you be saving it for special occasions so that it will last longer? But what about our bodies? Why do we feed them more calories than they need, then work out every day to get rid of the ingested food?
From the perspective of the dealership, they would want you to drive your car to the ground so that they can sell you a new one. From the perspective of food and fitness industries, they want you eat more so that you can exercise more. But is that what you actually want? Do you actually enjoy the vicious cycle of eating and exercising? Why do you put extra stress on your body with too much food and then with too much exercise?
Our bodies are more precious than any car in the world, so why do so many people want to wear them out so quickly? From the research that I have done on thousand-year old cultures, as such as India and Japan, it seems that people who live the longest don't eat too much, eat at the most three times a day and don't vigorously exercise to burn off the excess, simply because there is no excess. They eat and exercise in moderation.
They don't stress their bodies with too much food or too much activity.If you are tired of feeling like a hamster spinning the wheel, then try something new. Take a few weeks to retrain yourself to eat only until satisfied, not stuffed, and only three times a day. Don't snack. Don't punish yourself with exercise. Take time to find out what feeds your soul that's not food, such as hobbies, time with friends and family, relaxation techniques. Slow down the fast pace that you may be experiencing in your life and breath. You may find that those pesky pounds are melting away faster than you imagined and with less effort.
5/31/2012 09:12:50 pm
To have a power diet is good option to maintain good health. Seriously it is so effective which eliminate excess of fats and keep your metabolism strong and healthy.I like this book very much and follow all the instruction to reduce weight.
9/19/2012 04:50:55 pm
You made my day! I am very happy and relaxed too that I find this blog. I was looking for the matter discussed in blog post. If you have some more blogs on the material please share those as well. Thanks a lot and keep sharing such useful information.
11/7/2013 03:31:16 pm
It was great to see someone write on this topic. Thanks for sharing your thoughts
11/24/2013 08:14:41 pm
Thanks for sharing. After reading your post I feel happy and I think now I can control my metabolism. Your is really helpful for me.
8/7/2020 12:47:28 am
Greetings to each one, it's really a particular for me to visit this website page, it comprises of helpful Information.
Leave a Reply.
Why ask me?
- After many challenges and different crazy life experiences I am living my dream life and since my friends say I am pretty wisdomous and I think I am a little bit funny too, I want to share my life approach with you so you can live the life you love as well.
Here is a little bit about me:
- I am a creator of #1 Best Diet as selected by Harpers Baazar Magazine
- I started my career in the corporate world and didn't even know how to peel a shallot
- I have been a chef for celebrities for over 10 years
- I have a realistic approach to food and life
- I have a great relationship with food and can even let chocolate go bad because I simply forget I have it at home (something I wasn't able to do 10 years ago)
- I eat carbs whenever I feel like it without any guilt
- I used to hate to cook and now absolutely love being a private chef and a food relationship coach
- I wear whatever clothes I desire no matter what everyone is wearing or thinking
- I am in good shape and my body’s biological age is 13 years younger than the one in my passport
- I have experience being super poor, super wealthy and in between
- I’ve worked in corporate world and am now an entrepreneur
- I was married and divorced
- I used to cry going to work because I was so miserable with my boss
- I’ve had an emotional eating disorder
- I moved from Russia to USA alone at the age of 15
- I’ve lived in Russia, Europe and on both coasts of USA
- I have been super skinny and overweight
- I have been insecure and unhappy with reasons and secure and happy for no reason
- I used to wear glasses and healed my eyes with the power of thought and exercises
- I created "Couture Nutrition®" so you can have tailor-made solutions for your body and soul
- My brain usually comes up with jokes to soften stressful situations
- I think color coordination, sparkles and rainbows are underused